“Great stop for lunch”

Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Wickenburg
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located at 57 N Valentine Street in Wickenburg. We 4 dinning areas and a full bar
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We had left the Phoenix area and on our way to Prescott. We stopped at Anita's because a friend had recommended this restaurant for Mexican food. My husband had the Chimichonga. It was crisp and light and just filled lots of beef and topped with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and was excellent. I had the Quesadilla with the Works. This was a very loaded quesadilla with beef, sauce and cheese, then folded over and topped with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, guacamole and more sauce. This was good, but I felt it had too much sauce. I ordered a small order and was glead that I did. It was very large. Cannot imagine eating a full order.
The waiter started us off with the chips and salsa. He asked us if we wanted mild or spicy. We both chose the mild. And WOW!! it had a kick. Wonder what kind of "kick" the spicy would have had--fire?
Sevice was very good. A very enjoyable lunch!!
If ever we are in Wickenburg again--we will diefinitely head back to Anita's!!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I went to Anita's on Mother's Day and had a wonderful lunch! We arrived so 11:45 AM and we're seated immediately in a comfortable booth and given a carnation and menus. The warmed chips and two salsas came next and were delicious. I ordered a mimosa and chimichanga and my husband a tamale. Everything tasted wonderful and portions were generous. The waitress was friendly, nice and very efficient, and surprised me with mini red-velvet cupcake for dessert. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Better than your average Mexican place. Busy and cheerful place. I had fajitas and really enjoyed them. Beans were wonderful and rice was very good too. Served with salad, guacamole and sour cream; all of which was good. Very good service even though it was Saturday night and very busy.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

People call me a picky eater because I don't eat hot, spicy food. So what am I doing in a Mexican restaurant? Well, you have to compromise in a marriage and eating at Mexican restaurants is one of my compromises. BUT, I really loved eating here as everyone in our party did. My husband and I both had shredded beef tacos and loved them. The pinto beans were smoky, but the Mexican rice was just ok. Someone else had the Enchilada and loved it too. Another keeper!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Waitress advised me of a change in the menu & I was able to quickly change my order so I could eat with my friends without waiting