“Plentiful, not bad, not totally authentic”
Review of Anita's Cocina

Anita's Cocina
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Wickenburg
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located at 57 N Valentine Street in Wickenburg. We 4 dinning areas and a full bar
Wickenburg, Arizona
“Plentiful, not bad, not totally authentic”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Whenever you eat a certain cuisine outside the original country, the food you get is most likely not to be totally authentic - and this is also the case at Anita's Cocina. Which doesn't mean it's bad, it's good. I wouldn't say excellent, but it's not bad. Some of the dishes do look a bit thrown together haphazardly and eithout much love. Last time my husband and dined there we made the mikstake of ordering an appetizer as well as a main dish - both of us - the dishes all came more or less together and hardly fot on the small table - and you could have fed four hungry people with it, easily ... and my husband is a bit eater. So you certainly get a lot of food for the price you pay. service is usually friendly, sometimes a bit slow. But the atmosphere is pleasant as well and I sure would recommend it for people going for food that's better and more Mexican outside Mexico than, say, Taco Bell ... what i didn't like was wehat almsot everything had cheese baked over it, but that's personal preference and taste. Just meant that since I can't tolerate cheese, I did a lot of scraping before eating.

• Visited October 2010

Wickenburg, Arizona
“Anita's Cocina: Tex-Mex Food. NOT Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I recently visited this place with a friend. I'd like to start off with the poor service. It took them 15 min just to sit us down. That might have been ok if they we're busy, but they weren't. It was completely empty! We got our food, and I was very dissappointed w/ the presentation of it. I ordered a Machaca and it looked like if they just threw the beans and rice on the plate. The meat mixed in w/ the eggs was very very dry. The beans we're mixed in heavily with cheddar cheese. This is very typical of tex-mex restaurants. Authentic mexican food doesn't use cheddar cheese or american cheese (Cheddar mixed w/ mozzarella cheese). Mexican food usually comes w. Queso Fresco.

This restaurant is falsely advertising their food as authentic when it clearly isn't. i would NOT reccommend this place to anyone. Poor service, false advertisement, and poor presentation of the food. The only good thing was when we walked out the door...

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank Hardstyle_gamer
Maricopa, Arizona
“Very Good Meal While On The Road”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

This was either our 5th or 6th visit to Anita's Cocina since we found it. The food is very good and mild. You can have it hot upon request. Always very good service with drinks refills without asking for it or hunting down your server.. The chips are very thin and enjoyable. The menu has many good items that are served hot temperature wise. Whenever we're in the area, we take a break here as we can't pass it up.

• Visited March 2011
Seattle
“Whet your whistle in wickenburg”
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stopped in town for a quick bite and a beer. Promptly greeted...it was a Tuesday...sat immediately, chips and two different salsas on my table almost as quick...attenetive staff, great light almost airy tortilla chips. Not really sure how someone came up with "greasy, or oily"! These things practically float out of your hand. Beer never got empty without someone checking on my "status". Had the cheese crisp appy with cilantro and onions, came with just the perfectammount of guac and sour cream....I had no complaints...prices were higher than what I would pay in Seattle, but I'm not in Seattle. Great atmosphere and decor...pleasant experience.

Wellsville, Utah
“Hey, what do ya want from an $11 dinner?”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My wife and I had dinner at Anita's on April 19, 2010. We have lived in the Southern California area for 30 years and have dined in hundreds of Mexican eateries during that time. Obviously, one glance at the menu says it all: do not expect fabulous flavors, eye-popping presentation, or Continental-style wait staff for $11. It ain't gonna happen. What I DO expect is exactly what we got: a good, substantial amount of standard Mexican fare, well prepared, and adequately served. To expect anything else is just not reasonable. I mean, c'mon, you're in Wickenburg, not Oz. And yes, I would recommend Anita's Cocina to anyone who likes Mexican food and only wants to spend $11.