“Chinese at its Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Sequim, Washington
“Chinese at its Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I rarely go here as I'm not that fond of Chinese food; however, friends often choose this over other local restaurants and I have to admit, I have always enjoyed whatever I ordered. Maybe a little on the slow side serving but always worth waiting for.

Visited November 2012

Cardiff
“Fine Chinese Dining?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The sign outside seemed like an oxi-moron, but upon entering, tablecloths were the first indication that this could be good! The owner greeted and seated us and she was very personable. They have two dining rooms and a full bar, which isn't obvious from the street.

We were in a bit of a rush at 7 pm on a Saturday night and quickly ordered beef & broccoli and Sesame Chicken. I was impressed that the waitress asked how spicy I wanted the chicken dish, and "very" was my answer.

The egg drop soup (included) was good and the food arrived quickly, with rice in a bowl w/plate on top for traditional chopstick use, or anglo spooning. The portions were generous and very tasty. Lots of veggi's in both dishes, which we liked. I took 1/2 home with me, but my friend devoured all of his beef & broccoli.

The owner (Mae?) came over to chat as if we were long-time customers, and we heard others talk of her restaurants in NY and Phoenix prior to this one. Gr8 place for this size town!

I do plan to try lunch with some friends while in town and recommend it to others. Upon mentioning this to some local friends, they all rave about the place and ambiance.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“By far not a good Chinese food experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Have had very tasty food in the past. Went to dinner on the way to the movie and was disappointed with the very blah taste. This was the worst Chinese food ever. I'm 73 and have had many to compare. We had almond chicken,sweet and sour pork and fried rice. All poor.
Sorry but must report this

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Twisp WA
“Popular with the locals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

It's the only Chinese restaurant in town and it's very popular and good. We ordered the seafood sauted with vegetables and rice and both of us ate well.

Visited December 2012
Nanaimo
“Good Vegetarian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We 2 had lunch here Nov. 2012. It was a nice meal, with a good selection of Vegies and Tofu - with tip under $20
No long wait for either service or meal, restaurant was about 1/3 full.
Will go again.