“Great Value”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Choice of food is great. Price is excellent as well.Their daily diner specials offer a wide variety of foods . Wish they stayed open late.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I saw this restaurant on Trip Advisor and thought it sounded like a great place to spend an evening in Wickenburg. We had driven by the restaurant during the day and weren't really sure if it was the right choice, but a number of locals said 'YES, go there, it is great'.

Keep reading because I'm giving them an excellent review....

When we walked in the main entrance to the dining room, our faces fell a bit because it was a very quiet group of people who were sitting there and we were in a very festive mood. Jackie, from across the room, whom we have never met before, saw our faces, came over, literally took us by the hand and told us we would be happier in the adjacent room which happens to be a very old western bar with full service dining. It was a wonderful experience.

The locals were definately around us, adding to the atmosphere, all of the ladies who work there really hustle and know their jobs and are on the lookout to make sure the customers have what they need and are happy.

We had the daily special, Prime Rib. Now THAT was a great choice. It was accompanied by a salad bar. I haven't been too impressed by a salad bar in recent memory. I usually try to avoid them but I'm glad I took a look. This one was exceptionally clean and well covered and 'had it all' as far as this Arizona native girl is concerned, down to the beets, pickled cucumbers, sunflower seeds and bacon bits. The soups were very flavorful as well.

We went to the adjacent patio and were tickled to hear some live music. The next time we go here, I will call ahead to see what the music schedule is. We could easily have gone earlier and heard several hours of music but, alas, we only got to hear the last end of it.

I got Jackie's name in particular because she was the first person who greeted us, but at the end of the evening we felt we had been taken care of exceptionally well by all the folks who work there. Our tummies were full and happy and the price of the evening was very appropriate.

Don't miss this place!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food is great and the staff are great too. I go here at least once every time I'm in town! My family lives right down the street and will tell you its the best place to eat.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Traveled through Wickenburg on New Years, aimed to eat at several of the "higher rated" establishments, all of which were closed. Spotted cars and the open sign and decided to give it a try. I loved it, as it is what it really is, a corner diner and bar from the 30's. The service was prompt and excellent. My husband had the pork cutlet special and was quite pleasantly pleased with the flavor. I, vegitarian, opted for the salad bar. For it's size it had many good condiments. Now I'm glad the others were closed so to give this a try. We'll be back.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Rancho _7 [Bar 7] cocktail lounge and restaurant has been on my must stops every time I travel through Wickenburg, Arizona. I even remember when it was an eating place adjacent to the Greyhound Bus Station in the 1940's when I would travel as a kid from Phoenix to Flagstaff in the summers.

Anyway, the past 15 + years we've traveled dozens of times from Phoenix to Prescott and always prefer "the backway" via Skull Valley or Hillside to Prescott. The _7 food is always consistently good, reasonably prices and very friendly people. If staying over, always make sure to stop by about 6:30 PM for well-made cocktails in the dark and historic bar. Play some shuffle Board and take in some local conversation. For old Arizona atmosphere, this is a must on your travels. Now open on Sundays too. Breakfast, lunch and dinner with daily specials. You won't be disappointed.