“Drinks good food bad”

Cuisines: American
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Drinks good food bad”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

After checking out 4 other lunch spots, (none of them looking good) we decided on Mecca for it's outdoor patio. We enjoyed the patio because the weather was beautiful however the service and the food were horrible. Our server said they were known for their burgers but they were hardly edible. If you are looking for a lunch spot I would not recommend Mecca. If you are a biker or a couple without kids and want a few drinks this place fits the bill.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank aps0102030405

“Biker Bar in Wickenburg”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on a bike trip Lots of bikes on the street nearby. Burgers with cheese and bacon were excellent. Lots if choices nearby also.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“no go gold rush”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The bartenders are great but after spending less than one hour there during gold rush days (the busiest time of the year) I had one drink and the owner singled me out and told me that I was cut off from drinking. I have been there several times and not had a similar issue but on of all days, yet there was locals outside doing drunken handstands against the locations paid for signs. I was cut off after one drink (well under the legal limit to drive, let alone walk home as I was doing) I was told that I was too drunk to have another drink. THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I WILL EVER CONTRIBUTE ANY OF MY MONEY TOWARDS MECCA RESTAURANT AND CANTINA.

• Visited February 2013
Wickenburg, Arizona
“My husband's #1 watering hole”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Each time we're out hiking or have been on a day-trip and get back home my husband first wants to go to the Mecca for a few beers ... we always sit in the nice courtyard under the large umbrellas and watch the passers-by and the cars. You can sit indoors at the bar, on the covered porch or out in the courtyard. When not many people are outdoors you might want to walk inside for a refill as it might then be a while before the waitress comes back out.
Occasionally we've also had small snacks, burgers or nachos with dips - always delicious. There are always quite a few other locals hanging out, mostly at the bar or on the porch. When I get bored and hubby wants yet another beer I drift aorund the small specialty stores around the courtyard - some really neat stuff there. This is a great place to whet your whistle.

• Visited October 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“GOOD FOOD, LOCATION, & OUTDOOR DINING”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

It was quite busy during lunch hour - lots of locals so that is always a good sign. Loved being able to dine outdoors. Located in a little shopping square right off main road to Wickenburg. Bikers, locals, and tourists from all over the world were dining there. Casual American with some Mexican dishes. The food was delicious. Lots of folks were eating hamburgers which we were told were great. Apparently, a specialty. We felt the selection of food was good and intresting and the portions were plenty big enough. We would definitely return again. The onion rings were HUGE and delicious!

• Visited February 2012