“Ehhhh, So-so”
Review of Hog Trough Smokehouse - CLOSED

Hog Trough Smokehouse
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Smoked meats, BBQ, All beef Chicago hot dog, BBQ sauce, Ribs, Pulled Pork, Brisket, Sweet potato fries
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Tried this place out as we had a guest that wanted BBQ ribs. Service wasn't that great, and we were the only ones in there! It was pretty pricey for what we got and we felt it wasn't worth going back again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Excellent BBQ...Brisket and ribs were awesome. Service was excellent, waitress was a hoot. We actually asked for more food and they gave us extra, it was so good.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The pulled pork isn't bad. That's pretty much it. The restaurant is a store front with no particular atmosphere. The service varies from fair to non-existant depending on the luck of the draw on waitresses. The BBQ beans are okay. There are no sauce options. Everything is plastic or styrofoam. The half pound servings of pork are wishful thinking. Even with an empty store be prepared for a long wait. PS they add 2% on your bill for credit cards.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were riding through on our Harley's and thought the "Hog" restaurant would be appropriate. We like good barbecue so were excited to try some good smokehouse pork.

Here is my advice to them - invest the little bit needed to get some restaurant quality plastic glasses and utensils. Styrofoam cups and plastic forks were a bit of a turnoff. But the menu said they smoked the meet for 4 - 18 hours, so we decided that we would overlook these basics.

The chopped pork was bland with too much fat in it. The cole slaw had way too much mustard (I've never had mustard cole slaw). And the service was -- gosh, I think she was a nice person but when I asked for a slight variation from the menu, she looked at me like I had 3 heads.

It wasn't terrible, and if I was really hungry with no options I would eat there again. But I think the owners could really make this cute little restaurant much more than it is.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

No atmosphere, no liquor service, but they will do corkage for a fee. Drinks are served in styrofoam cups ( in this day and age, seriously?) no environmental commitment here. We were served within minutes of ordering our food. The server tried to take away my plastic serving dish before I was finished eating, then showed up with the bill. Five minutes later she was back to ask if we needed anything else, which basically said to me, you have your food, now get out. I felt very rushed. This is not a place to go for a relaxed meal. They are obviously used to take out orders. We were in and out within thirty minutes. The menu is excellent, the food is incredible, what little we got. I ordered a mixed platter which consisted of 2 small ribs, and 2 small slices of brisket plus half a cup of fries for $15! I suggest you order the entire rack for $20 and then share it. It's a better buy. Don't waste your time in the restaurant. Do take out. Wickenberg is really an overpriced tourist town, but they have no idea how to treat tourists.