“Pull up your big panties and hop on”

Adventures of a Lifetime ATV
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for something challenging - something real? Tired of the same old amusement park type tour? Drive a desert equipped ATV or UTV in small groups. Visit ghost towns, gold mines, mountain tops and canyons surrounding historic Wickenburg, Arizona. See amazing places you won't believe exist and might not find on your own. An Adventure of a Lifetime! This family owned business will take you on an Adventure of a Lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I underestimated AD in the word ADVENTURE. I never thought I could have made it up that darned ole mountain. These people coached and encouraged me until I did it. I made it up the back side of the waterfalls to CROWN KING. I can only imagine why they call it that; maybe because you feel like you are going to meet your maker or something like that. I was challenged but not beaten. I was slightly worried, but not terrified. I was definitely hungry and tired when arriving at 10:30 PM. I slept in the most luxurious accommodations available (you'll see) and woke to the perfect morning on top of a very high and quaint mining town with a population of 133 and elevation of 5771 feet.
Life accomplishment: Survived the ride (on a quad) to Crown King.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

The ATV desert adventure was exceptional. We discussed with Steve what we looking for prior to our trip. He really delivered, our expectations were exceeded. This experience lives up to the billing and more. The ATV’s were well maintained and everything needed was provided. Steve’s knowledge of the desert and ATV expertise made this a truly enjoyable experience. The terrain was diverse and challenging. Views in the desert were unique and truly breathe taking. My wife and I are already planning another trip. We also have several friends back in Texas who love the ATV experience. I am going to recommend this ATV desert adventure as a "must do". An added bonus was the great hospitality Jeanette and Steve provided; they made you feel right at home. This ATV adventure is a real winner and a must do if you’re an ATV enthusiast. We are already looking forward to our next trip. Kevin and Judy

1  Thank KEVIN K
Reviewed August 26, 2011

To be completely honest I expected a typical ATV riding company that just wanted to collect money and get the tour over with. When we pulled up to Steve's house, we were pleasantly surprised by his hospitality and warmth. He took us to the best spots in the Box Canyon, some thrilling rides down the mountain and made sure to even pack lunch for us. We really felt like a part of a family and if it wouldn't be for the night time, we would still be riding for hours. Steve and his wife are amazing and we will be visiting again very soon. You will not experience another tour like this one! Guaranteed!

1  Thank Mooses33
Reviewed August 23, 2011

It's uncommon to find something so viscerally FUN that can be shared with the whole family. My brother (15) and myself (21) had a great time exploring stagecoach trails, canyons, and riverbeds. While we were tearing it up, my 81-year old grandfather could ride along in a dune buggy-esque vehicle that was a smoother ride.

The desert is is beautiful, especially at sunset, and there's nothing like riding through these trails in the open air. Between the gorgeous scenery and the exciting ride, this was a ton of fun for everybody.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband, two kids (boy 11 and girl 9) and I made a memory we will always treasure ATVing through the Arizona desert while visiting the Phoenix area this summer (July 2011). Thanks to Trip Advisor and its others' previous recommendations as the "Number One Thing Thing to Do When Visiting Arizona", we contacted Steve and set up our Adventure of a Lifetime and was it ever!

We had a blast from the moment we arrived until the moment our adventure was over! Novices to ATVing, Steve our host carefully explained what we needed to know about the four-wheel off-road vehicles and pointed out all necessary safety pro-cautions. Then for the next two to three hours we toured barely touched or seen areas of the Arizona desert and its oasis.

It was 100 degrees but given that we were riding, the heat was not overwhelming at all. Steve carefully stopped us in places where we could rest, hydrate and even taken in a bite of lunch under a tree and next to a stream. Steve's picnic lunch was a perfect touch for this great day.

We toured the box canyon, located a gold mining shaft and saw flora and fauna indigenous to Arizona. While in the canyon, you could almost imagine yourself as a pioneers exploring areas of the West. Even my girly girl daughter was thrilled to race across the dessert. And my son who saddled up on his own ATV to drive told his friends he has "the coolest Mom ever."

Thanks to Steve's helpful tips we were prepared for the ride..sunscreen, light colored clothing, sneakers, and had plenty of water. I can't think of a thing we would have done different.

Wait till the teachers read the "What I Did Over the Summer" essays from my two kids this year! I might have to post those here too.

Highly recommended to families and anyone waiting to experience the Arizona outdoors and most of all Make a Memory!
Jennifer