Rancho de los Caballeros
Best Western Rancho Grande(Wickenburg)(Great Value!)
$86
Quality Inn Wickenburg(Wickenburg)(Great Value!)
$95
QualityInn
Super 8 by Wyndham Wickenburg AZ(Wickenburg)(Great Value!)
$67
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $76/night.

Los Viajeros Inn(Wickenburg)(Great Value!)
$73
My Place Suites(Wickenburg)
$100
$104
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Express Surprise(Surprise)(Great Value!)
$84
$103
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

Flying E Ranch(Wickenburg)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf coursetrap shootingskeet shootingbreakfast and lunchhorseback ridingdude ranchkids programtennis courtsjeep tourlos caballerosfiletgolf clubcowboy cookoutcouples massagefamily vacationviews are stunningchild care
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We loved our stay at the ranch.

Pros:
Wonderful family trip. The staff was incredibly warm and welcoming. The staff knows you by name after a day, as well as your and your kids' favorite food and drinks. The overall vibe is that of being a welcome family friend. There is a great kids program and the wranglers were fantastic with the kids.
The pool is small, but warm and a great place to hang out for the kids between or after rides.
The food was very good and plentiful.
The best recommendation I can make is that my 9 year old cried when we left. She made great friends and wants to come back to adopt Joshua, her favorite horse.
This is the type of place where memories are made.

Cons:
The rooms (think some have been updated) are a bit dated. They do need some updates for both the rooms and bathrooms.

Tips:
Be very honest about your riding ability. There are rides for everyone, but they will apply the California public schools approach to your group and gear the ride to the lowest common denominator to make sure everyone is comfortable.
The pool can be dominated by kids in the afternoons. That's not a negative, IMO, but you should be aware of it if you're expecting a spa-like experience.
Spa is nice, but I wouldn't do it again. I didn't feel it was out of the world special and if I had to do it over again, would just do more riding.

4  Thank lsptahoe
Reviewed April 15, 2012

A real vacation, not jus a trip. My husband and I found the Ranch online and decided to go on a whim. I hope it doesn't minimize the romance by saying it felt a to us like a very upscale family camp. We had no kids along but were amazed at how parents and kids we talked to raved about the kids program. It's seemed a good balance between program activities and time with parents. Both kids and parents expressed their confidence in the kids staff and their feeling of safety. We were surprised by this type of program and are already planning to bring our adult kids and our grandkids next year. We found the desert beautiful. The staff very attentive. The naturalist, Dick, a delight. Our nature hike with him a real treat. The horse ride was just right, an easy pace through peaceful desert trails. The food was excellent. I am a vegetarian and was actually rather impressed with the daily vegetarian selections. The spa was very nice. Our couples massage was perhaps one of the best we've had. It is worth noting the claw foot tub does not accommodate a couple as they advertise. My husband and I are of average height and weight and could not fit together comfortably in the tub. Our guest room was beautiful, but not take your breath away. I think it's important to remember the real draw is the land, nature, the ranch, the service, the experiences. We'll definitely go again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tami S
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Dude ranch w a golf course - great Kid's program - very friendly staff - basically all-inclusive but you pay for drinks. It's old but not run down.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We are a New England family that has visited Los Caballeros ten or more times over the past 25 years. Many visitors to this ranch return frequently and family groups often include folks from two or even three generations. We love the place because it mixes upscale with down to earth/casual and it combines riding and cowboy stuff with a nice golf course and decent resort amenities. Those seeking super hip or pure upscale or pure dude ranch will be disappointed. Couples or families seeking a pretty, comfortable place in the Arizona sun to mix riding, shooting, nature hikes, swimming, golf, tennis and good food from pleasant servers will find the ranch unique and highly enjoyable.

1  Thank Fkelly3
Reviewed April 4, 2012

if you did not have other ranchs esperience,perhaps you would love that one.
But ,if not ,you only could be very disapointed.
And ,sprecially,if you choose this ranch because you found it in the selection of "luxury ranches "
...IT s not at all luxury...
The resort is not nice,the environment same,food is terrible ,horse back riding not interesting,reception s staff specially unfriendly ,only our maricopa room was great and nice.

3  Thank PHCHS
LosCaballeros, General Manager at Rancho de los Caballeros, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time post a review. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

I am familiar with with your experience and I tried to make things better, but understand that we failed and there was nothing more that I could do to make things better. First impressions are very important and we did not do a good job with you and your family. I can assure you that we are much better than that and our comment cards reflect that.

I would welcome the opportunity to host you again in the future. Please contact me directly if that is something that you would like to do.

Best regards,