Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $179.39
from $130.93
from $742.27
More Info
All reviews fajitas great trip day trip raft guide wet suits class rapids safety training white water second half these guys an absolute blast great company wild horses amazing adventure water level super fun beautiful scenery
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2009

My name is Tom Anderson better known in the white water world as Chicago. I have worked as a raft guide on over 15 different rivers around the world and I have to say the Salt River is by far one the most unique
rivers I have traveled down. we (salt river guides) call it the"budget grand canyon" due to it's similar scenery. The white water has perfect class 3 rapids. A happy medium, no need to worry of death defying rapids, perfect for a family adventure.
The Salt River is 1 of 3 rivers I know of that are commercially rafted during this time of year. Spring time, and with this beautiful change of weather brings out a diverse set of wild flowers that overwhelm this desert enviroment in central Az.
And only makes sence to go with the pros Salt River Rafting has a great operation and there is only one way to find out. Salt River 2010 season cross your fingers and hope to see ya there.
Sincerly
The Shelagos

1  Thank Shelago
WileyL7, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2020

Hey Chicago! You are one of those river rat characters that embody the saying it takes character to be a raft guide. My favorite reviews come from well seasoned guides such as yourself and the guests who return year after year which makes the crew feel good that they are doing it right! Thanks for the review and we all look forward to seeing you somewhere on some river...

Reviewed October 12, 2009

As a first time rafter, I had no idea how much fun I would have on the Salt River. I thought I would be nervous, but the rapids were SO fun and splashy, and our guide Bean was awesome. The scenery was unexpected, too; what a beautiful canyon. I'm so glad that my family talked me into it, because it was seriously one of the best things I have ever done in my life. Thanks SRR! :)

1  Thank busybee30

Super cool to hear, this is what the SRR crew aims for each day we put on our life jackets, thank you for the review!