“Wow!”

and up
Full-Day Salt River Raft Trip
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Raft this stunning 2000′ deep canyon in the spring time sun on mountain snow melt. Sun, Splashes, Scenery and Saguaros = Whitewater Rafting Arizona’s Salt River! One of the funnest family friendly things to do in the Phoenix & Tucson area. Partial - Full Day Guided Whitewater River Trips!
Reviewed April 1, 2016

Great group of folks.My long time friend invited me to go on a 4 day wilderness trip.James from SRR made it happen......... thank you! Prestor,Marco,Terrick.........awesome! And the bonus folks,Angie,Jesse,and the hitchhiker Hailey made it that much more of a fun time.Never did I feel uneasy about being on the river.Prestor was super professional about keeping us safe and well informed of what to expect on each rapid.And its never easy not knowing what kind of ability level we as clients have.the camps along the river are beautiful.The group work awesome as a team to get gear unloaded from the rafts in record time ,each and every time. The food was great and always had enough for another serving if I wanted. Never felt hurried to pack up each morning to get back on the river.The evening camp fires were a great time to rehash the days events and unwind.Adult beverages are allowed! These folks work all day rowing and never once a grumble........ you can tell they love what they do. Each rafter took the time to show my friend's 10yr old son how to man the oars.That's true dedication to paying it forward to the next generation who have a passion to be a river rat.Thank to my friend Rik,for inviting me.Thanks again to James and Wiley for making it happen, your guides are the Best! I look forward to going again with SRR!

1  Thank wyobuffalogirl
RiverJames, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2016

Top 10 Multi-Day Wilderness Raft Trip in the United States in my opinion. And with your focus on the guides, I'm gonnna stand tall and say this is top 3! Thanks so much for coming, it was great to meet you and look forward to seeing you on the river in the future.

All reviews
"float"
in 4 reviews
"canyon"

Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

It was meant to be 47 degrees and we called to be sure they had wetsuits for our kids (9/12). The staff assured us that they had wetsuits of all shapes and sizes (and they did). The drive over from Scottsdale was far but BEAUTIFUL. Through the rain and Sun we saw 6 or so full rainbows. At the raft site the staff was wonderful, helpful and patient with the kids that were nervous. We did the first half and had a great day. We would have easily stayed for the second half but the wind had kicked up and the kids were cold. Still amazing experience. Top notch staff and exhilarating ride in white water.

Date of experience: March 2016
RiverJames, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2016

It IS all about the guides. And the company setting them up for success. We have four guide/owners who bring a combined 81 years of experience to the table and we get out on the river to make sure our focus on safety and customer service is being implemented. With reviews like yours we know we are doing it right and gettin er done! Thank You.

Reviewed March 24, 2016 via mobile

The Salt River Canyon is a glorious place, only 2 hours from Phoenix, with the put in 38 miles north of Globe on Highway 60. I booked a full day trip, which covers 10 River miles and includes lunch. Departure time is 10:00, returning around 4:30. Half day trips do 5 miles and don't include lunch. The rapids are pretty mild (2 and 3 on rating scale) and suitable for all ages. This is a Spring run only. Best times are February through March. April - May in wet years. The guides are fun and safety conscious. Longer wilderness trips (up to 4 days) are available. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: March 2016

My favorite place on earth and I ain't just saying that, thank you for the recommendation!

Reviewed March 20, 2016

We were in Surprise AZ for spring training when my grandson googled for something to on one of our off days. He found the SRR website and my son-in law and I decided - wh not. It was a bucket lit item. We were first timers at this and the experience was unforgettable. The guides were laid back but always professional. Thank you very much for the fantastic day. We will defiantly stick with the SRR family.

Date of experience: March 2016
RiverJames, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2016

Thank You kcklaus, baseball spring training pair very well with spring time rafting on the Salt River, Cheers!