Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Raft & Camp
2 Reviews
from $237.44
More Info
All reviews great trip half day trip river guide company canyon
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

It was meant to be 47 degrees and we called to be sure they had wetsuits for our kids (9/12). The staff assured us that they had wetsuits of all shapes and sizes (and they did). The drive over from Scottsdale was far but BEAUTIFUL. Through the rain and Sun we saw 6 or so full rainbows. At the raft site the staff was wonderful, helpful and patient with the kids that were nervous. We did the first half and had a great day. We would have easily stayed for the second half but the wind had kicked up and the kids were cold. Still amazing experience. Top notch staff and exhilarating ride in white water.

Date of experience: March 2016
RiverJames, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2016

It IS all about the guides. And the company setting them up for success. We have four guide/owners who bring a combined 81 years of experience to the table and we get out on the river to make sure our focus on safety and customer service is being implemented. With reviews like yours we know we are doing it right and gettin er done! Thank You.

Reviewed March 24, 2016 via mobile

The Salt River Canyon is a glorious place, only 2 hours from Phoenix, with the put in 38 miles north of Globe on Highway 60. I booked a full day trip, which covers 10 River miles and includes lunch. Departure time is 10:00, returning around 4:30. Half day trips do 5 miles and don't include lunch. The rapids are pretty mild (2 and 3 on rating scale) and suitable for all ages. This is a Spring run only. Best times are February through March. April - May in wet years. The guides are fun and safety conscious. Longer wilderness trips (up to 4 days) are available. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: March 2016

My favorite place on earth and I ain't just saying that, thank you for the recommendation!

Reviewed March 20, 2016

We were in Surprise AZ for spring training when my grandson googled for something to on one of our off days. He found the SRR website and my son-in law and I decided - wh not. It was a bucket lit item. We were first timers at this and the experience was unforgettable. The guides were laid back but always professional. Thank you very much for the fantastic day. We will defiantly stick with the SRR family.

Date of experience: March 2016
RiverJames, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2016

Thank You kcklaus, baseball spring training pair very well with spring time rafting on the Salt River, Cheers!

Reviewed March 19, 2016

I want to thank the guys from Salt River Rafting for a truly enjoyable day. Their knowledge of the area and everything that goes on around it is unbelievable. The scenery is stunning and the rapids are fun but challenging. Burgers and Brats for lunch were delicious. I'm so glad we decided on the full day trip. A class act from start to finish! Maybe we'll see you in Colorado some day.

Date of experience: March 2016

Super great to hear davewiz1, see ya in Colorado!

Reviewed March 11, 2016

My wife, son and I did a day trip down the river. The trip was an all day trip with 2 hours spent in the morning and afternoon on the river rafting. The staff was great and their knowledge of the river was very evident as the day progressed. Kelly did a great job of hosting us. She met us when we first arrived to get us properly attired and than lead the way to the river. Once arriving at the river, she instructed us what to do if we were to go into the river. Next we started our trip. We had a great time sharing our knowledge of the outdoors and telling stories. We played the game of fact or fiction. Kelly was a real sport only being stumped twice.:) After lunch and one of the last rapids is where my wife went for a swim. This is when the knowledge we learned earlier was very handy. I reached acrossed the boat and pulled on my 33 year son life jacket to pulled him in. Than my son and Kelly reached for my wife. First she tighten the life jacket around my wife and between the two of them they lifted her back into raft. Remember not to pull on arms or that could cause serious injury. Well coach. I would highly recommend getting the pictures on a cd. I have been able to share my experience with many family and friends. All of their guides and employees are great.

1  Thank TheSpartan2765

Thanks so much for your detailed review. FYI, Kelli your guide, just came back from competing in the International Rafting Federation Championships on the Citarik River, Sukabumi, West Java, Indonesia last December and says you guys were a blast!