“Salt River Rafting is my FAVE spring time getaway”
Review of Salt River Rafting

and up
Full-Day Salt River Raft Trip
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Raft this stunning 2000′ deep canyon in the spring time sun on mountain snow melt. Sun, Splashes, Scenery and Saguaros = Whitewater Rafting Arizona’s Salt River! One of the funnest family friendly things to do in the Phoenix & Tucson area. Partial - Full Day Guided Whitewater River Trips!
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I took a group of Scouts - parents & youth on a trip with SRR. The guides are well-trained, knowledgable, and just plain FUN. The company is well-equipped, the lunch that they provided was amazing, and they're all a bunch of dog lovers =^) The guides helped my Scouts earn the Whitewater merit badge, and it was a trip that they will remember for the rest of their lives. There's a photo of our troop on SRR facebook page

Date of experience: March 2011
1  Thank CynthiaW172
RiverJames, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

You're the best Cynthia! and thanks for your help getting our guides to be certified whitewater merit badge counselors as well.

All reviews
"float"
in 4 reviews
"canyon"

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I went with a group of friends and family a couple years ago and we all loved the full day experience. Both the lunch and our guide were great. Beautiful scenery too! No complaints at all.

RiverJames, Owner at Salt River Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

No complaints here either! Glad you liked the trip and we look forward to seeing you again this year. It is shaping up to be a good one!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Great trip. We rode in guided IK (inflatable kayaks) following larger rafts. Guides were great! Lunch was great! I highly recommend SRF for rafting on the salt this Spring. 1/2 day trips, full day, or full "through" trips bridge to bridge. Great group of people: friendly, experienced, safe, eco-minded, nature loving, and fun. Highly recommended! great river, great times....

Date of experience: April 2011
1  Thank DeanTrammel

Rocks! Yes, our raft trips float through a canyon of beautiful ROCKS! The rocks, scenery and rapids just get better the farther you go down the river. This could be a great year to experience the Wilderness Section of the Salt River on our 3-5 day trips. We look forward to seeing you guys again this year Dean. Thanks.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have taken the full day trip several times over the last 5 years. We have even taken our 8 year old. Very fun, very safe and the best guides.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I had heard that white water rafting was possible on the Salt River, but i did not believe it because I had only every been tubing on the Salt, and I thought no way is there enough water for that. But then I learned that the rafting happened in the Upper Salt. So one day I drove up to check it out. It was at the end of the season, in fact may have been the last day on the river. So I waited a year and then went with some friends in early April 2010..and it was amazing!! A friend from high school, and his 2 sons and I did a half day ride. We shared the raft with another family. The weather was so nice we really did not even need the jackets and stuff. I had so much fun that I convinced another group of friends to do a full day trip about a month later. Again, another great trip but it was SO COLD this day…rain, sleet, wind. I don’t think I have ever been so cold. The hamburgers and cowboy coffee we had at lunch helped tho. Each time I went we had great guides. They made the trips so much fun. I can not wait to go again this year. I love that we can do this so close to home in Tucson.

Date of experience: April 2011
1  Thank Dan G

I love this because it's so fun to see so many familiar faces each year. Thanks Dan, and we'll see you this spring.