“sadly dissapointed”

White Tanks Riding Stables
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Waddell
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a leisurely guided horseback ride through the desert beauty of the White Tank Regional Park on friendly, safe horses led by entertaining and knowledgeable guides.
Avondale, Arizona
“sadly dissapointed”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

called twice to make a reservation for the 2 hr. ride. Never received a call back, so I drove out there to make sure I had the right number. As Im driving up the long drive, Im greeted with empty beer cans. When I reach the parking area, a fire pit is littered with more empty beer cans, no one is in sight. I finally see someone walk past the outbuildings so I walk up there. Very disappointed to be greeted by a group of young people clearly nursing hangovers. I explain I called, got no call back, the young guy proceeds to tell me they are really dead, no business ? Hello, answer your calls and clean up the party pit ! what a waste of what I am sure would be a great ride. I will not go back. Sincerely, sadly disappointed :(

Visited January 2014
Mary Ann T, Owner at White Tanks Riding Stables, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Ouch! We sincerely apologize for this off-putting experience. Be assured that all evidence of partying has been removed. This is a very small business where full-time phone coverage is not always possible. You should receive a call back on the same day if you leave a message during business hours (8-4:00) or the next day if it is left after hours. White Tanks Riding Stables has beautiful trails, great horses and knowledgeable guides often with the advantage to guests of a smaller guide-to-rider ratio. Please read and consider reviews by people who have actually gone on the rides as well. Thanks

Boonton, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Peaceful, scenic, fun horseback ride!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Great value, excellent trail bosses, really great scenary, fun for young and old. The ride is definitely worth the sore butt!

Goodyear, Arizona
“Wonderful Ride”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My son,daughter in law and grandson were here for the holidays. My granson wanted to go horseback riding, so since i live close i called the White Tank Riding Stables. Made a reservation for 12-22-13 for 1 hour. We got there, Jeff greeted us, was extremly friendly. Scott was our guide for the hour. He was great. Entertained my grandson with stories of the wildlife and plants. We had a wonderful time. The horses were very well trained and friendly. I would recommend this stable to anyone. You will not be disappointed with the staff or the animals.
Dotty Werner

Peoria, Arizona
“So cool getting back on a horse”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My friend surprised me with a horseback ride for my birthday. This was so totally unexpected and I had a great time. I hadn't been on a horse in about 12 years. The trail was easy, relaxing and enjoyable and Jeff and Scott are great. The two hour trail ride just flew by and I would love t do this again sometime. I would highly recommend this to anyone regardless of age or experience!

Surprise, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

As a local, it is always fun to share the beauty of Arizona with family and friends. The White Tanks are so beautiful and definitely a place to go. The White Tanks Stables are so knowledgeable and professional. I recommend this to all my visitors. My sister and I went just last week and it was just gorgeous. Jeff was a wonderful guide. He is loads of fun and really educated us about the nature around us. I learned a few things as well. Can't wait to organize the girls for one of the sunset dinner trail rides!