Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Park

I didn't really know what to expect on visiting Keepers of The Wild but it was so informative and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
juaradawn
Cardiff, South Wales
Great little place to go and visit

This is a little out of the way, but worth a trip. We paid the extra $10 to hop on the safari bus... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
gabdy
Brisbane, Australia

All reviews big cats exotic animals feeding tour their lives wonderful sanctuary entertainment industry love animals type vehicle non profit gift shop large enclosures wear sneakers day trip natural environment animal lovers walked around vip tour
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2016

We drove over from Henderson, NV, nice drive and day trip. The prices are a bit steep but think of it as supporting the animals who were kept by "dumb" people. I mean to say that most of these animals will forever be kept in a cage because the humans thought they could raise wild animals as pets (when will the humans learn).
We walked around for about an hour, you could see some animals if they weren't hiding or sleeping. We then took the safari guided tour for an additional $10 / pp it was well worth it. Camille, our guide, was able to articulate the stories of the animals and gave you a better appreciation for their plight. The animals recognized when she was coming around so they came out of hiding to get a snack. I would recommend this day-trip to support this cause.
They have a great gift shop with food and picnic tables to enjoy lunch/snack outside.

Date of experience: October 2016
3  Thank GeneD1959
Reviewed August 31, 2016

Think you know what a wild animal is ? Unless you have seen wild animals at dinner time, I would say think again. This experience was a reality clarification for me and I will never look at a cuddly stuffed Tiger the same way again. Watching these amazingly powerful creatures shred their meals while warning onlookers to keep there distance, you quickly understand that wild animals belong in the wild. The people at Keepers of the Wild are not zoo keepers, they are for many performing animals the only refuge between life and execution. Once an animal reaches a certain age and is no longer an income producing asset they more often than not are destroyed. I would recommend this learning experience to everyone, it changed my views on captivity of wild animals for the better and left me with an overwhelming appreciation for these amazing creatures.

5  Thank Brad E
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

Me and my husband went for a visit, nice day trip from Vegas. Keep in mind, this is not a zoo, or Disneyland, this is a wild life sanctuary and the wild animals have all been rescued from direct situations, mostly at the hands of humans. We chose to walk the tour, and I've never seen animals this close. They seem used to people so they don't run away when you come up to look at them. Many animals no longer used to entertain can be found here, I encourage anyone that loves animals to come support them with a visit!

4  Thank Diane H
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

We stopped here on August 7th right at opening. It's a beautiful place and you can really tell them staff care deeply about the animals. We saw Ligers, Tigers, and Bears oh my. All the animals are a rescue from some idiots who thought tigers would make great house pets or retired from magic shows, or photo op situations. It's obvious these animals are well taken care of, have large enclosures, and toys. Each animal is sterilized because there isn't any breeding program. You can take the tram tour or walk around. We took the tram tour and had a wonderful time.

4  Thank azcherrybear
Reviewed July 10, 2016

We saw a brochure that said this was a drive thru park and gave a price at $18.00. Well that was not exactly true. Price today was $.20.00 per person for the self guided walking tour. If you add $10.00 per person you can be driven thru the park. There are dirt roads nothing is properly marked, many of the animals weren't on display, and what is on display are fenced in small areas. This is a rescue sight but honestly going from a small cage to a larger cage just doesn't seem right.

Date of experience: July 2016