“Would not recommend!”

and 1 more site!
Red Feather Lodge
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Tusayan
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Worst place I've ever stayed. The first rooms they tried to book us into the doors wouldn't open or close without problems. The first room smelled REALLY awful and the second we couldn't even get it but you could push the door about 1/2 inch before the latch caught it to keep from opening. When we went to the office about this they said they were booked but put us in a w/c accessible room. The girl told us that they were booked that night but they could get us in with an upgrade for 2 rooms in suites the next night she just had to talk with the manager; make sure we checked later. We did and were told the manager hadn't called back to check the next morning. We were put off till that night when we were told to talk with a girl that said she was the manager, she was rude, had a smirk on her face the whole time and was very condescending. She said nothing was available and she was going to put us back into the original rooms. We tried to tell her what we were told but wasted our breath. She went to the other room saying she had to speak to the general manager (I would like to speak with that person) she was gone maybe 2 minutes, came back and said there was nothing she could do for us. The rooms are not nice, they are not clean, they smell, the doors can probably be broken into easily, there was no counter space for a w/c person to put their things while in the bathroom or shower and the staff is rude. If I was this company I would be retraining this staff and they are chasing customers away. I would never stay here again, I will recommend to everyone not to stay here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank redneckgirl135
Write a ReviewReviews (2,608)

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed for one night, rooms were clean and comfortable. Wifi was a bit spotty. The bathrooms could use some updating. Bath products were Bath and Body Works. No breakfast but free coffee in the lobby. Rooms have a fridge and a pod coffee maker.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel is basic and will meet your needs while visiting the Grand Canyon. I had a room in the portion that is of the old motor hotel type. Our room was a second floor walk-up. The room had two beds, television, vanity area with separate shower/toilet. There is wi-fi but it was very weak in our room. The hotel is in an ideal location for catching the bus to the canyon. There are also several restaurants and fast food options near-by. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Check-in was super fast and friendly. They filled us in on everything we needed to know. And, you can even buy a National Park Pass at the front desk. Our room was super clean. In fact, housekeeping seems to take their jobs so seriously that there are areas of the tub and bathroom that have been so scrubbed that the surface is wearing out. The hotel seemed to be very full of guests but it was very quiet. Wifi worked great. They had tea and coffee in the lobby for the guests. A comfortable and great place to stay and very close to the entrance of Grand Canyon National Park. I would stay there again.

The only problem...which wasn't a big deal for us...was that the lamp between the beds didn't work and neither did the outlets on it. It may have been unplugged from the wall but we couldn't get to it to find out. I informed the front desk when I checked out.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel is conveniently located to the Grand Canyon entrance. We did not notice any noise from other rooms although the hotel was full. They had cable but were missing several channel options. The biggest downside was their Wi-Fi. We could not keep a connection. We were only here for one night but were unable to check email during that time. The hotel is older but in good condition.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lucydog2013
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in 2009 for three nights as a base to explore the Grand Canyon. It served its purpose well as we had a bed, shower and breakfast, which is all we needed. The rooms are tired and relatively small, but clean and practical, and the swimming pool was a welcome addition.

There are a few places nearby to eat and drink, as well as a useful information centre for the Grand Canyon. We had a car to drive to the Canyon so I cannot comment on public transport.

I would recommend this as a base. It isn't anything special but it does the job. And anyway you don't go to the Grand Canyon to sit in a hotel room!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This fairly new and very small town is very near the Grand Canyon, which makes it a perfect place to book a hotel if you can't get a room at a hotel in the Canyon area (or afford the El Tovar!) The Red Feather Lodge is not part of the Holiday Inn chain, which is next door. A very nice and affordable hotel, it only lacked having a complimentary breakfast as every other hotel I've been in for the last eight years have had. There was a complimentary coffee/tea/hot chocolate/fresh fruit table in the lobby, but the lack of even bagels or cereal was disappointing. Our room was on the third floor, easily reached via elevator, and nicely proportioned. We had two queens as we brought our two young grandsons. Room was clean, enough towels for everyone. The beds, while fine, weren't pillowtop and the pillows were just a little skimpy, making me glad I brought a few extra from home. Cell phone reception was great on the third floor. Both my husband and I brought our own tablets, and my hubby's hooked up to the wifi just fine while I had trouble with mine. But I think it was my tablet's fault, as the very nice young men at the lobby check-in both tried to help me hook my Polaroid tablet to the wifi and no one could. Oh well. The room was large with the usual air conditioner under the window, which we didn't need as we had a snow storm the first night. The housekeepers were very friendly and helpful despite only a few able to speak English. There were pay washers and dryers on the first floor, which I was grateful to use, and reasonably priced. There is a Mexican food restaurant within walking distance, gave us a small discount as we were staying at the hotel. As I've said, the only drawback was the lack of complimentary breakfast, otherwise, it was just fine.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank susanthe1baker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tusayan
Yavapai Lodge
#5 of 6 in Tusayan
Maswik Lodge
Maswik Lodge
#3 of 3 in Grand Canyon National Park

Been to Red Feather Lodge? Share your experiences!