“An experience I'll never forget!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Feather Lodge

Red Feather Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Tusayan
Prescott, Canada
“An experience I'll never forget!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I have no complaint's about the Staff they were very friendly just didn't like that my room was haunted! No joke! We had a room with two beds my husband fell asleep in one and I was on my computer in the other plus watching television. I started to fall asleep but kept waking up with the same dream over and over that my husband kept opening the door and a little girl was there but it was just us two and he couldn't have been opening the door because he was sleeping in the next bed then all of a sudden I felt someone get beside me in bed and there was no way it was my husband because I was just staring at him snoring. I did not dare look behind me to see who it was I just jumped right out into the bed my husband was in! It woke him up but he had no idea what was going on. I don't know if it was the little girl in the on and off dreaming but who ever or whatever it was I must have scared it too because after that no more dreams or sounds of the door being opened!

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Flo N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly here but the room we were in was so hot we had to open the window most of the night. The rate was reasonable but for the same price we could have stayed elsewhere in town and had a free breakfast. The room was very nice and clean. We'd consider staying here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jups2709
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

A visit to the Grand Canyon is made even more enjoyable with a very good place to stay. The folks at the Red Feather are attentive and pleasant. We were welcomed warmly, treated in a friendly fashion and offered clean, comfortable rooms. Tusayan is conveniently close to the southern rim of the Grand Canyon. Next door to the motel is a very good Mexican restaurant with excellent service. This is a motel which I would recommend to anyone.
John J.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank John J
Aalst, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very nice Motel in the expensive place Tusayan. We stayed in the motel part. The check in and check out went well and fast and the staff was very helpful and professional.

The room was clean and everything was working. The WiFi was fast.

You get a 10% reduction in the Mexican restaurant on the premises. Very nice restaurant by the way.

There is plenty of parking available and it is free.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BossErpe
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and the bed comfy. It was only a few minutes to the Canyon. The price was very reasonable. Great steak restaurant across the street. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: You might want to stay on third floor. It might be quieter. We stayed on the ground floor the firs...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pat K
Stoney Creek, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went to the Grand Canyon to see the sunset on Valentine's Day and planned to drive back to Sedona. The Canyon was so exhilarating that we found ourselves wanting to stay overnight to go again the next day. The hotels were booking up fast and the Red Feather was a nice looking hotel so we decided to give it a go. The staff were pleasant, welcoming, and willing to negotiate prices if they had an an empty room, which they did and we lucked out.

The products in the bathroom were lovely, towels abundant and soft and our overall experience was the icing on the cake to a perfect Valentine's Day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julia B
Copenhagen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

You're paying for the location here as Tusayan is basically a satelite town for the Grand Canyon . The rooms are adequate and quite okay for a good night's sleep but entirely unmemorable. The staff did not seem very interested in providing information and answering questions but did give us a few brochures. All in all fairly average in all respects.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Batuta K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tusayan
Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn
El Tovar Hotel
El Tovar Hotel
#1 of 3 in Grand Canyon National Park
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,841 reviews

Been to Red Feather Lodge? Share your experiences!