“Nice decor....lunch ok”

Ranked #15 of 21 Restaurants in Tusayan
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Both the restaurant and the adjacent saloon at the Grand Hotel in Grand Canyon, Arizona bring that old time southwestern sensibility to life with exposed timber, stone, ironwork and decor that's influenced by the area.The restaurant serves steaks, great barbeque dishes, Southwest-inspired foods and traditional western-themed fare.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Staying at the hotel which is very nice and decided to try lunch. $50 for 2 salads, soup and coke....certainly food not memorable enough to warrant that much spent....now we know why the place was empty except for a few bar patrons.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

When we arrived at the restaurant we were seated quickly which was great but then we didn't have a server come see us for 20 minutes and then we ordered dinner and wine. The server didn't know the wine list well but it was ok because we knew a bottle on there so ordered that one.
Appies arrived then main course but still no wine. Another server walked past so we got her to bring us the wine. She didn't quite know how to serve wine properly but at least we got our wine.
The food and wine were great though and there was an amazing banjo player.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were very disappointed in this restaurant. The food was mediocre at best and it was very expensive. Since it was our first night at the Canyon, we thought all the food would be priced like this. We were wrong. It was the most expensive and we didn't eat half of it because it wasn't worth the effort. Avoid unless you hear that there is a new cook/ management.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We're here visiting the G. Canyon during Spring Break & every hotel is booked. We needed a good place for dinner & picked this place because it has a little bit of everything for our family. Food is pricey but everything in this tourist area is. I had the salad w/berries w/steak on top & it was amazing (& huge)! Service wasn't speedy but we were on vacation! They also had a guy playing a banjo. We went to their breakfast buffet the next day & it was 'okay' but there aren't a lot of choices in the area. Its in the Grand Hotel which we didn't stay at b/c it was booked.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

After a long day of driving from Las Vegas and visiting the Grand Canyon we decided to have dinner at the Grand Star since we were staying at the Grand Hotel. Service was pretty good. I had a hamburger with fries, pretty simple I know. However, the burger was undercooked and I had to send it back. When I got my burger back, it was cooked to my taste. Personally I thought the food prices were over priced for this type of restraurant. Would I eat there again if I was in the area, probably so.

Been to Canyon Star? Share your experiences!