“Just a place to eat”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stopped here on our way out of the Grand Canyon. It was the first steakhouse we saw and we were hungry. It was not inside the dining room. The service was impersonal. I felt like their whole goal was to seat you, feed you and get you out of there as quickly as possible. The food was average in flavor. The corn on the cob was way over cooked, it was mushy. The beans were a tad on the crunchy side! The prices were a tad high, but you do get salad, beans, corn on the cob, baked potato and a biscuit with your steak/chicken. Still I would have rather chosen a place that didn't make me feel like an assembly line. Also they automatically added gratuity to our bill and we were a party of 4!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Miserable po-faced waiters; bland, overpriced, overcooked food; warm drinks, and a staggering 15% gratuity for the worst service I've experienced in many a moon. Look elsewhere or live to regret it!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

After driving for 4 hours from Phoenix, we were wanting to sit down to an enjoyable dinner. To begin with, our 'waiter' wasn't friendly at all (more on that further down). I expect to be treated like our business is appreciated and at least to be greeted with a smile. He barely made eye contact, showed us a booth and then plopped down the menus. We both ordered the 'Cowgirl' steaks, which were advertised as 8 ounce filets. Sure didn't look like 8 oz. and I have no idea as to why they would 'butterfly' one and not the other. Neither steak had much flavor and for about $23 per they should have been much better, baked potato was good, salad ok (only 2 choices of dressing, ranch and vinegar & oil, which you mix), biscuit was dry, and the beans were ok. The waiter NEVER came back to check and see how things were. Our bill was approx. $60.00 and they automatically add a 15% gratuity! Now you can see why the waiter didn't have to be friendly or care how our meal was. What restaurant adds 15% to a bill for 2 people? There are other choices nearby, choose one of them instead!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I will preface this review with this. We were returning from a long drive/trek into and around the Grand Canyon and were looking for a decent meal. I would assume that, as the gateway town to the Grand Canyon, the service would all around at least be decent.

At Yippee-ei-o, however, that was clearly too much to expect. We popped in to check out the menu, immediately causing the irritation of the hostess who repeatedly asked "how many?" The place is set up like a frontier camp with log walls and gingham tablecloths. Staff bustled about and the place was relatively full. Little did we know it must have been its location as the closest to the park which afforded that luxury. We took in our surroundings and after the group discussed decided to eat here. This took all of two minutes.

Upon seating our server failed to arrive for 15 minutes. She was not pleasant to say the least. To provide a background my group of 5 adults are from Colorado. We have a number of microbreweries in the state and like to try other local beers in other states. It's our way of buying local. Additionally, they had no drink menu other than a wine bottle with a wine list glued to it.

It went like this "Drinks for anyone?" "What do you have for draft beers." "We only have bottles" "Okay what kind of beers do you have?" She began glaring at us and muttered the list at us which I still have no understanding what was said. She was acting rather irritated the entirety of the time and walks off in a huff when we order sodas and water.

As food arrives she asked if we would like anything else and when a member of our group said yes, she stared at him and walked away while he was mid sentence.

These are simple examples and there were many more in the short time we were there. We informed the manager of the negligence and they shrugged.

In our economic instability a vacation is a rare thing these days. Being able to enjoy it is important. Being treated fairly is important. Additionally, the cost of these tourist trap restaurants is not a small one. When the average 5 person bill in a town is 90 dollars one would think the staff would treat their paychecks a bit better.

1  Thank Shannon G
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Good food,service and value.... Steaks were large, cooked just right, and reasonably priced... I would come back for sure.. We had a few of the Rancher steak 16 oz and it was more then we could finish ... I'd probably woukd prefer and suggest the Cowgirl which was a perfect size 8 oz filet mignon ... Trust me that's perfect and no bone and nice and thick... All came with beans,corn on the cob and baked potato... Try it you'll like this place