“Better Mexican options in the area.”
Review of Plaza Bonita

Plaza Bonita
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Tusayan
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't overly impressed. I tried a couple Mexican restaurants on my trip to the Grand Canton. This one rated the lowest in my opinion. My burrito dish was warm/cold, yet the plate was hot. Runny, average salsa. Guacamole okay. Service average. There is a better option across the street (Sophie's). I enjoyed my food there and the service was very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,788)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We are here on a Friday night and the atmosphere seemed nice at first. The waiter was friendly and the music was fun. The food was ok but our waiter never checked on us. My son really didn't like his food.... the meat was bad. So my son ordered a different kid meal and we were charged $6 for the first meal and $6 for the second meal and $2 for kids drink. $14 for a tiny kids meal seems ridiculous to me. We won't be eating here again.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

As an extremely frequent traveller I am sometimes a bit sceptical when it comes to dining at remote places such as Tusayan. Let's face it, the majority of people that travels to landmark icons such as the Grand Canyon are not into fine dining and hence the offer is reduced. After the sunset in the canyon we felt like eating something and remembered to have seen reviews for the Plaza Bonita that were quite promising. I was positively surprised. Though a basic and simple restaurant, the food was very good (fajitas, two different kinds) and the service was nice. If I'll ever come back to Tusayan, I'll eat there again.

1  Thank Avi8tion
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We walked a short distance from our RV park and were pleasantly surprised with the eats there. Enjoyed our time over a pitcher of beer!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Good choice for this tiny town near the Grand Canyon. Delicious authentic Mexican food. Our meals came out in lightning speed though our waiter left something to be desired as he left my margarita sitting on the bar and completely forgot about it. He was just standing around. I had to ask for it and he ran to go get it since he realized how long it had been. The margarita was delicious yet weak and quite expensive at $10 but what can you expect this close to Grand Canyon.