“Reminds us of Alaska”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I know that sounds strange, but it was pretty chilly that night, and the decor was a lot like the little Mexican restaurant that we enjoyed in Homer, Alaska. They served a very good American breakfast – eggs, pancakes, etc. the only thing a bit different was that if you ordered sausage it was Chorizo-- Mexican sausage – and not Jimmy Dean.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,866)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a great meal here. Not only were the portions huge it was good too. We could only eat about half of our meal because it was so huge...so... we ate it for lunch the next day - still good.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We (family of 4) ate here one night for dinner. We had pretty much standard things nothing extravagant. My wife had a combo plate Tamales and a Burrito, I had a Burrito Plate , and the kids had tacos, chicken I think. The portions were large for sure but the food did not taste like it was fresh or made with fresh ingredients. Even the salsa that they served with chips was pretty uninspired. The kids liked the tacos but they pretty much like anything. Both my wife and I had the same response when we started eating our food...Dull! If you are looking for authentic Mexican food this place is not the place for you. Frankly the prices were not so cheap considering it tastes like they serve salsa that you can buy at the supermarket. The waitress was very friendly and pleasant. I do remember that there was one guy whose job it was to refill our water and replenish the chips I think but he was so efficient that he started to become annoying.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We liked the location of this restaurant right in front of the Canyon Plaza Resort Hotel. The wait staff were very friendly and the service was good. They brought out chips and salsa to our table as we looked at the menu. Its not a cheap place to eat, but neither is any other restaurant in Tuscayan. Even the McDonalds across the street has high prices compared to back home.

The food was good and the horchata drinks were good too. I would recommend eating here.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We loved the staff even more than the food. They were friendly and hard-working. The food was decent, and plentiful but nothing spectacular. We ate there twice for breakfast and twice for dinner. We asked for Bruce, our favorite waiter.

1  Thank RBHodge