“Location makes up for deficiencies”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tusayan
Grand Canyon Camper Village
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The best part of this average RV campground is its location -- you're close to the Main Street and the free National Park Service shuttle busses into the park. They run every 20 minutes and provide access to major attractions along the south rim. Wifi in the camper park was okay. The showers are highway robbery, however, and cost 8 quarters for 8 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a fire ring if you want a campfire; they don't have too many of them.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank George C

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at plenty of RV parks over the summer and this one was EXTREMELY poor. Please don't stay here!!

It has to be said the location is terrific, but it absolutely did not make the stay worth while. If/when we visit the Grand Canyon South Rim again, we will definitely stay at the KOA slightly down the road. This place needs to be shut down. The reception staff are completely uncaring about anything, the showers are very expensive at 25c for 30 seconds (we didn't pay at all in most places), at one stage there was only one shower working so it was impossible to use them even if you were willing to pay.

The actual RV spaces are just dirt road, when we left absolutely everything was covered in a layer of dust. The spaces are also incredibly tiny so if you have a sociable bunch next door - don't expect to get any sleep (complaining to reception is useless). After one night our neighbours also stole our picnic table, not the fault of the campground, but incredibly irritating none the less!

Also, please note that the 'free' internet didn't work, even close to the router.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TravelShortie
Reviewed August 11, 2013

A large group of us recently stayed at this campground and despite booking extremely early, what was promised for our arrival never happened. When we arrived at at the campground we checked in and headed to our site, we noticed that out fire ring wasn't there, (which we were told that we would have) we went to the office to to inquire about it and the young man helping us was less than accommodating, as a matter of fact a little rude about it. We asked to either have one delivered to us or be moved to another site. He told us that all the sites were booked (hardly) and there were no fire rings they could give us. We walked around the campground and went back and inquired about several other sites that had fire rings on them and aked if we could be moved, once again to no avail was he not willing to accommodate us. After our 3 night stay there (no where else to go) we noticed that every site we inquired about moving to no one ever arrived. Customer service was certianly NOT their strong point , but I guess when you're one of the only games in town they can do whatever they want. On a positive note though the location was great for getting in and out of the park and the overall facility was decent. Just a word of caution you may not get what you asked for.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The redeeming feature is the park convenient location for The Grand Canyon. The RV sites are very uneven and would soon end up messy after any.
The toilets are grim.
The wifi holds for no more than a second or two at a time.

4  Thank Neil61a
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I guess my first clue should have been the look on the clerk's face when I paid for my stay. He had a questioning look and made sure I understood the NO REFUNDS policy. This place should be shut down by the environmental department. At no time during my three day stay, I cut my losses and left early, did I observe a clean bathroom. At least one of the two toilets in each bathhouse were plugged at any given time. I could not bring myself to try a shower, EXTREMELY FILTHY. It is convenient to the South Rim entrance, but DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the same price, I stayed at the KOA in Williams for a night. Bit of a drive, but worth it.

4  Thank Tangsoous
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I would give this a NEGATIVE 5 stars if I could!!!!!

I'm not even out of this place and I had to log on to warn other people to STAY AWAY.

We're on the downward end of our 9 day trip around the National Parks Loop in Utah and decided to stop in the Grand Canyon on the way home. We missed the campgrounds in the park by a couple of hours, so we decided to stay here. WORST mistake ever.

Since our trip has taken us to seven different campgrounds thus far, I have some experience with pricy "full hook up" sites. This place is a nickle-and-dime you to death joke.

Let me break it down for you:

*You have access to "free wifi" that doesn't come up to use.
*You have to PAY extra to use dump stations at your site and if you choose NOT that's right - *You have to PAY to use them on the way out.
*You have to PAY extra to get sites that have "fire pits" too.
*You have to PAY to use the showers! - .25 a MINUTE!!!!
*Bathrooms are flat out disgusting. My little girl and I walked into the ladies room and found bugs everywhere - the toilet felt like it was going to come undone from the base when you touched it. *The sinks were filthy and the floors had several - several - roaches in them.
*The shower stalls were dirty and why would you use them if you have to PAY?!!!!
*Our spot is on dirt (as are all of the spots that I saw) - and the campers on either side of you are less than 4 feet away.
*Our picnic table is wooden and not surprisingly splintering and with faded paint. We wouldn't sit outside if we had to.
*WE got a lovely view of an ancient motorhome that looks as though it's been here for years. Others get to look at the trashcans of the pizza joint we're behind.

Now look - if this place was immaculate and everything was beautiful instead of pulling up to something that came right out of a bad Vacation movie I would have just sucked up the pricey fee and rolled out in the AM without much worse for wear than a ding in my pocketbook. But this place is horrible.

Which incidentally - let me tell you the prices: I payed $56. - for 'full hook ups' w/ dump station- the priciest place yet. You can pay $51. for non-dump stations and for $46 for just a spot of dirt.

By and large this is the WORST place I have ever stayed at in the various camp grounds we've stayed at throughout the years. Including primitive camp sites.

This is just a typical example of greedy, cheap owners gouging people for every penny they can get and not giving a damn about the condition of their establishment.

And why should they? Once you're here - you're stuck.

No refund.

No wonder.

They'd have NO customers.

Clean up your act - Grand Canyon Camper Village. Because you're flat out disgusting. And you better believe I will be discussing this with the person behind the desk in the AM.

Can't wait to get out of this DUMP.

GPS Coordinates: N35.97531/W112.12449

5  Thank Loretta C
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Camper Village is a very average RV park.

Pluses:
-3 minute walk to the (purple) NPS bus line to Grand Canyon Visitor's Center
-directly behind a convenience store and across the street from the National Geographic center (and IMAX theater) where you can buy an entry pass to the park
-full hookups

Negatives:
-outside of the park (but very close)
-wi-fi is weak and did not work for us
-showers require coins to operate
-expensive ($50+ per night)

If you need an RV spot with full hookups then this is your place on the South Rim.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tusayan
Yavapai Lodge
Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn
Red Feather Lodge
Red Feather Lodge
#4 of 6 in Tusayan

Been to Grand Canyon Camper Village? Share your experiences!