The Grand Hotel at the Grand Canyon
$194
Official Hotel
$123
$110
Quality Inn Near Grand Canyon(Williams)(Great Value!)
$179
Canyon Motel & RV Park(Williams)(Great Value!)
$92
Agoda.com
$128
$110
$104
$100
Hotels.com
1,789 results
All reviewsgrand canyonsouth rimel tovargift shoppark entrancenice hotelbreakfast buffetnice lobbyhotel restaurantvisitor centerindoor poolminute drivefront desk staffthird floortwo queen bedsfitness centerparking lot
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have stayed here before several years ago and found it to be much better than some of the other hotels in the area that's why we choose it this time. We arrived a good hour before check in but they said nothing were helpful and welcoming giving us a room straight away. The room was clean and well equipped two king size beds, safe, coffee machine, iron and board hair dryer. It was on the front of the hotel but it was very quiet and the beds were very comfortable.

The hotel has a large gift shop and a nice indoor pool. They also have a coin laundry very useful. There is a large bar and restaurant.

The restaurant food was excellent I had a really nicely seasoned steak and my friend had a delicious jambalaya. The service once seated is good but getting seated is a nightmare, there is a guy on the host stand who appears incapable of organising himself never mind a restaurant he spoils the whole experience, if I owned the restaurant I'd sack him and the awful singing cowboy who can't remember the words to songs and can't sing!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor they are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The service at the front desk was friendly and we had dinner one night at the restaurant and the food and service were fine. certainly nothing to complain about. The room and facility need updating in my opinion. The mattress and linens were older. The mattress sheet kept coming off the bed's corner during the night and it was irritating. I think cost of the room was far more than its value. The major advantage is its proximity to the entrance of the park. It was quite convenient to stay here as a result. The internet seemed like from 1960, it was amazingly slow.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Having read the other reviews I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We arrived at the hotel at 7.30 pm, the young man on the reception desk was friendly and welcoming.
The reception area is very pleasant, our room was on the third floor and faced the car park. The corridors are dingy and the carpet worn. Inside the room itself was clean and the bathroom though also dated was clean. There was enough light in the room to read a book.
Internet was free, but not fast. The air conditioning unit was a bit noisy.
We had dinner in the hotel dining room, the service was fine. My family had steak which they said was very good and I had salmon which was also very nice. For breakfast they cooked us just the items we wanted rather than something from the menu and produced it quickly as we were in a hurry.

The main downside of the trip was that it rained the whole time we were there and the Grand Canyon was covered in cloud, so we still haven't seen it! I think if I went back I would try to stay in the park just for the experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Location is very good with quick access to the Grand Canyon. Restaurant was poor for dinner, ok at best for breakfast if you like cold toast and oily home fries. Room a/c-heater was old and temperature control not working. Free Internet was slow but steady. Towels were threadbare and frayed. Room was good size, but included no easy chair, just a desk chair and hard back side chair. Key cards kept losing their coding - we ended up getting all of ours replaced every day.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed two nights here at "The Grand Hotel" and I will never stay here again.
The hotel is overpriced and the staff is not service minded.
I had the pleasure of staying in a room that smelled awful and I had to keep the window open all the time to have fresh air.
The bathroom is nice and clean and the products provided are fine.
The in-house restaurant seems understaffed and I was not able to try it, since they had more than one hour waiting on a normal monday evening.
If going to Grand Canyon I would recommend some of the lodges in the National Park, I tried them once and it is much better than this hotel.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple