“Great Location - Close Proximity to Grand Canyon National Park Entrance” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon

Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tusayan
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Great Location - Close Proximity to Grand Canyon National Park Entrance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here while visiting the Grand Canyon. We were unable to find an available room in the park, so this hotel had to suffice. It exceeded my expectations, with the volume of people staying here during their Grand Canyon vacations it is amazing that the hotel staff can keep up with their guests. The hotel breakfast is included in the room rate and is quite substantial. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable after completing a long day of hiking. I highly recommend this hotel to others that are looking for accommodations near the park entrance.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lindsey C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stay at only IHG hotels and decided to use our reward nights for this property. Where do I start? I booked 2 reward nights using points and had confirmations showing 2 free nights, yet they pre authorized $127.15 for my rewards nights, claimed it was a coding error. The walls are paper thin, you will hear everything and I mean everything. The fridge was hot when we got there, I called the front desk and told them it appeared to be turned off, I said I would turn it on and they said try that and call back if that didn't work and they would call maintenance. We found out why it was off..it wheezed like a sick cat, sounded strange. We decided to for go the fridge and use our cooler. When we went to take a shower we found long black hair stuck to the inside of the shower curtain. The breakfast was not upto the HIE standard, the sausage gravy wasnt even warm, I don't know if it was because we were in the annex across the street from the main hotel and the attendant was working both this breakfast area and the one in the main hotel. I have stayed in IHG properties from Canada to Florida and all over the country and had truly wonderful stays, but this has been my only poor review ever of an IHG property. As a Platinum Elite member, they did upgrade the room at checkin, but from there the stay went downhill.If coming back to the area, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Devilstowerwy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Devilstowerwy,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Tusayan hotels

Arlington Heights
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here the end of March for one night. During trip we had stayed at three other Holiday Inns. This one was the most expensive and we were disappointed in quality and service. Room was smaller then the others we stayed at. Pool was cold and no towels. Also whirlpool did not correctly work. Breakfast was okay. The hot items were cold. Overall, we expected more for a hotel that was almost $200.00 a night.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank dal923
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear dal923,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room size, pool and breakfast selection. We will look into this concerns.I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel is clean, the staff was friendly, helpful and the free breakfast was better than I've had elsewhere. The pancake machine was impressive! The ride to the canyon was pretty quick and since the town in so small, you are within walking distance to everything you need. The doors are pretty thin you can hear every little conversation and since it's a family oriented place, expect kids to be running up and down the halls..just imagine Disneyland.

I would recommend this place for families since places within the park are a lot more expensive, and the free breakfast helps save some money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Theresa N
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

The location is great, and the staff nice and helpful. It was a very busy place the two nights we were there with families on spring break. Perhaps that explains a wifi system that the four of us could not get access to consistently. The staff recommended best restaurant was not good and the restaurant asked us where we were staying and under what name so that they would know where to return any items left behind. I suspect there may be some other sort of collaboration as well. Breakfast was good but extremely crowded. Beds were a little soft. No refrigerator or microwave in room. Pricey because of location, which I understand.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Treehugger14625,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. We would like to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

It was expensive as 2 queen beds room and dinning space was super busy for breakfast both of my days at 7am and 9am. I needed to wait 10 minutes to check in as 3 or 4 parties arrived prioir to me. I admit it is reasonable by consideing the fact we stayed in a litte busy season (spring break time) at very popular destination. It was just what I expected and nothing was wrong. If you do not mind driving 30 to 60 minutes before reaching the park, I would definintely recommend to stay out of this area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear Hiroshi O,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the check in experience. We will look into this concern. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We booked a last-minute trip to the GC and were unable to secure lodging inside the national park. Hotwire hooked us up with this hotel, and I was disappointed before I realized that there are incredibly limited options in Tusayan. The hotel was clean, beds super comfortable, and staff friendly and courteous. Tusayan is small and all the restaurants- event takeout pizza- is within walking distance. The pool is disappointing, the spa more-so- very small and packed full of folks trying to get the energy out of their children, but probably to be expected in such a touristy area. I have read several reviews complaining about the breakfast and I don't understand the complaints. It was microwaved and a "heavy continental," but I had no problem getting in and getting out to eat the food and drink my coffee back in my room before getting ready to head out to the canyon, a short drive away. Judging from the outside of other hotels in the area, I'm not sure you can do much better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tusayan
Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn
Maswik Lodge
Maswik Lodge
#3 of 3 in Grand Canyon National Park
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,712 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon? Share your experiences!