I have stayed at HI Expresses all over the U.S. on business and pleasure. I booked online through their website for this stay and assumed that I would be getting the usual great king bed suite layout that I have stayed in before. Unfortunately when I arrived at the front desk, I was told that our room would be across the street, in a building that appeared to be some previous hotel that had gone out of business.
Very Dark: There was no natural light in the hallways and the lighting that was turned on was not very bright. In the room, the bathroom was in the center of the room, so the sofa and desk had no access to window light. This also made the back of the room hot as well as dark since the A/C unit was up by the window in the bedroom.
Service: There simply wasn't any as the only employees that I ever saw in this building was the breakfast attendant and cleaning person.
This building had its own breakfast area with 4 tables that were always full. It also had its own tiny pool. The water was too hot to be a pool, and they jets were too weak to be a spa. It was more like an oversized bathtub and the single dim light in the corner of the pool room made the place feel creepy.
Having said all that I can still give this place 3 stars, because it had the usual touches that you would expect from HIE: clean rooms, fresh duvet, great shower head, and the same breakfast quality you get at every HIE.
The main building had a nice pool and spa area, large breakfast area, and felt like a hotel should. If you stay here, make sure you know which building your room will be in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Canyon Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites features 164 guest rooms and a 32 suite room annex. Free in-room high speed Internet access is available. We are entirely a non-smoking hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is located one mile from the Grand Canyon National Park South Rim entrance. Dining and entertainment within walking distance. 1/2 mile from the Grand Canyon Airport and Helibase. Air tours, jeep rides, raft trips, can be arranged from the hotel. Free continental breakfast from 6:30 am to 9:30 am. KidSuites Available for 2 adults and three children - Queen rooms have 4 person max, and King Rooms have 2 person max. Visit Grand Canyon, AZ and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon Hotel Tusayan
- Holiday Inn Grand Canyon National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park Holiday Inn