Looking into a 3 night stay near the Grand Canyon South Rim with only a couple of months advance notice. I was really hoping to find ANYTHING that was just a few miles from the main entrance (found it). Clean and comfortable beds(found it), complimentary breakfast (found it), air conditioning, working TV and free Wi-Fi (found it). We stayed in a king bedroom suite and told we were located in another section of the Holiday Inn that was not connected to the main building but a short distance across the street. This section of hotel has rooms that looked newer, the building was set further back from the main street so also more quiet. Bathrooms were clean, nothing fancy. Access to a separate parking area was conveniently close to the back entry into hotel with your key card. Remember the Grand Canyon sees millions of visitors per year so the turnover and popularity of any facility close to the entrance is in high demand. We lucked out in getting 3 consecutive nights, they are located just 7 miles from the South entrance which saved us a lot of time, with the ability to go back to room if we needed a mid-day break and to get back to the canyon for a couple of beautiful sunsets. The breakfast was actually well covered, we were not expecting fancy, you can go to a number of restaurants for that. This part of the hotel has it's own breakfast area separate from the main building and a sauna. My husband and I were perfectly comfortable in our suite. A mini-refrig. was available and there was a door in bedroom that led out to a small patio that looked out to the back street entrance and was quite quiet. All in all a nice comfortable stay and we would go back for the same if available. We used air conditioner unit for white noise which we happen to like and helped us sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Canyon Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites features 164 guest rooms and a 32 suite room annex. Free in-room high speed Internet access is available. We are entirely a non-smoking hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is located one mile from the Grand Canyon National Park South Rim entrance. Dining and entertainment within walking distance. 1/2 mile from the Grand Canyon Airport and Helibase. Air tours, jeep rides, raft trips, can be arranged from the hotel. Free continental breakfast from 6:30 am to 9:30 am. KidSuites Available for 2 adults and three children - Queen rooms have 4 person max, and King Rooms have 2 person max. Visit Grand Canyon, AZ and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon Hotel Tusayan
- Holiday Inn Grand Canyon National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park Holiday Inn