We stayed at several hotels on our vacation this year and this one was the worst bar none. We called ahead when we were driving in to the Grand Canyon to confirm our reservation since we would be arriving after dark. At that time they never indicated there were any issues with our reservation. However when we arrived they had given our room away. They said we had approved this change. No. We had not. Instead they gave us a queen standard room but charged us the same price we were to pay for the king suite we reserved. I balked a little bit and this very rude man told me too bad they were sold out. The room was run down, carpet stained and looked as if the furniture came from garage sales. Yuck. The air conditioner was deafening and made it difficult to sleep. By the way, this hotel is very hard to find as it is not visible from the street. If we ever return to the Grand Canyon we will most definitely stay else where.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1 mile from the South Rim entrance to the Grand Canyon National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Canyon Plaza Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Plaza Hotel Tusayan
- Quality Inn Grand Canyon National Park