“Gag me with a spoon”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Gag me with a spoon”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Awful place to eat. The chips and salsa had a strange chemical taste and smell to them. I tried, but was actually scared to eat any of it for fear I might regret it later in the day. The burrito was cold and the rice and beans had the consistency of bits of gravel. As others have said, avoid at all costs. I am guessing that the occasional "glowing" reviews are made by either the owner or employees trying to keep their jobs here.

2 Thank Kufolits

• Polish first
Lebanon, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Indian taco very good”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The Indian taco is quite good, and huge. The salsa is unusual, with a very strong cilantro flavor. I'm not a big fan of cilantro, but I finished all the salsa and chips, which I rarely do at restaurants. The margaritas are small, but at $5.00 each, I had two.

The decor was pleasing and colorful, and the service very good and friendly.

• Visited December 2013
Henderson
“Do not waste a dime here!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had just visited the Grand Canyon and we were looking to sit down and have some lunch. I checked Trip Advisory and saw that Sophie's was rated a 3. Against my better judgement, we decided to try it. BIG MISTAKE! The fact that the salsa was horrible should have been our warning. The food was terrible! I would've rather of grabbed Wendy's from across the street. There was nothing authentic about this place.

1 Thank Tisha77
Hortonville
“Good food, OK service.”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Came here hungry on Thanksgiving Day with family. Have never been to a Mexican restaurant where you are limited to 2 free bowls of chips and salsa and then must pay if you want more-really? And for six people? The salsa was good and so were our meals, but it was a little on the pricey side for what we got. Also, the waiter was not very friendly--polite enough, but not cheerful or going out of his way to make us feel welcome. Would likely not go there again when in the area.

• Visited November 2013
Centennial, Colorado
“Gluten free? What's that?”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant and my wife asked a simple question: do you have any gluten-free items on the menu? The answer was "why don't you look at the menu and see for yourself?" That's really rude as well as ignorant. This day and age many people need to eat gluten-free, and it wouldn't kill the restaurant to figure out which of their items are GF. One star.

2 Thank rolfdenver