“Great Mexican food:)”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was here with my family of 6 . We were hungry so tried to find some place to eat. Finally we dicided to stop by this restaurant. We had order chimichanga and guacamole is so good. the food is very delicious and a waitress was so kids and nice. I'm so grad to be here and would like to recommend this restaurant for your trip:)

sophies2012, Owner at Sophie's Mexican Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

thank you and I am so happy we made your party of six happy and full. It is hard to find a good place when you travel and I am so happy that you picked mine. Hope you took lots of pictures and thank you for posting this review.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Service is a little slow and the timing for serving the food was odd. We had a party of 4 adults and 2 children - 2 items would come out and then it'd be around 4 minutes until 2 more things came out. Food tasted good though and they had freshly squeezed orange juice that was delicious.

Hello I do believe you have the wrong place we doi not serve breakfast, but I am sorry you must be thinking of Plaza Bonita.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

they were open late and the sign advertised "vegetarian dishes" so we were excited. Drinks were overpriced and horrible.(margarita and beer) and food was average or worse. Service was average to poor.

Thank you for posting your words on the web. Please, send back a copy of receipt and we will happily refund your meal. I do not stand for such unkind and bad reviews. Our mailing address is
PO Box 1808 Grand Canyon AZ 86023

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I think that just because you're a tourist it's o.k. to rip you off. they forget you might return or that you friends worldwide and local respect your opinion and give these places a wide berth.Can't think of anything good, oh yes, the people were friendly

sophies2012, Owner at Sophie's Mexican Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Rip Me OFF

Thank you for understanding the business in the grand canyon so well that you can comment on why the prices are what they are. Did you know that I have to house all of my employees very expensive, did you know that all deliveries are considered remote they so they charge hefty fees to bring the product, did you know that our water is trucked up here and that's expensive as well, did you know our tax is 12% thats expensive. You should have aSKED TO SEE ME THE OWNER AND I WOULD have given you the inside story.. I am sure when you travel that you feel everywhere is a rip off but I know as the owner and a traveller my prices are right in line. Did you know you can send mr your receipt and your review copied and I will happily refund your rip off.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

In my hometown we have a favorite Mexican restaurant that serves warm fresh chips and salsa. I was expecting the same here, but just got chips that tasted like they could be right out of a bag from the grocery store. This would not have been a big deal, but it turned out to be one little thing among many other little things that added up to wishing we had ate elsewhere. The server did not bring us water right away either which was annoying as it was very hot out. The refried beans were a little crunchy and the rice was very bland. I had the carne asada, usually one of my favorites. This looked and tasted like it was pan fried with zero seasoning. Again, a bland taste. It was not very busy in the restaurant, yet the server was not very attentive to our table.

2  Thank Scott H

Thank you for your terrible review. I can see that you are a professional restaurant critic and you most likely asked to see the owner or the manager and you asked to walk through the kitchen where we make our chips from scratch as well as most of our menu. I am wondering if you noticed that we serve many many people who are from all over the world and they do not like a lot of spice but we do provide and cater to a person's need if asked. I demand 100% satisfaction from my restaurant and employees please send your receipt and a copy of your kind review to PO BOX 1808 and I will be happy to send you a refund.
Oh as a side note water here is very expensive it is trucked up here and so you must ask for water we just do not hand it out.