“Terribile food ”
Review of JJK's Restaurant

JJK's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 19 Restaurants in Tusayan
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

The choice was between usual fast food and this restaurants inside the hotel.
We went for the menu dinner as the buffet seems quite ordinary.
The steaks were tough to face...the chicken served on two slices of bread was soaked in oil...the salad was presented in leaves as big as a blanket...
We barely eat what we were given and went to bed.
The next morning the breakfast was a bit better but the dinner was definitely terrible.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed May 28, 2016

The food was pretty ordinary. I had the salad, fish, chicken, and rolls from the buffet. The carrot cake was moist and tasty. The coffee was great.

The service was fantastic. The server was attentive and if any server passed our table they picked up our used plates.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed January 1, 2016

They know they got you because there aren't many places to eat near the Grand Canyon so they charge $22+ for an $8 meal. The $26 buffet isn't worth $10 and we chose not to get ripped off and ordered the french dip sandwiches at $12 a piece. I shared a salad with my daughter that they charged $18 for.They boasted that the salad was a full head of lettuce which it was. I believe a head of lettuce costs about $1, an egg 10 cents, some ham & cheese maybe $1 or $2 and dressing just doesn't add up anywhere close to $18. Plan ahead and bring a cooler with some food when visiting the Tusayan area. It's obvious to me that the restaurants in the area are working together to inflate the prices. Better yet, stay in Williams it's worth the drive and there's plenty of good restaurants, souvenir shops, hotels and entertainment that Tusayan doesn't come close to competing with.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed November 7, 2015

We were staying in the Canyon Plaza Hotel so we ate here for convenience - I wish we hadn't. We had salmon bake $29 abd sirloin steak $22. The service was poor, we had to wait too long for our meal and then it was just slapped on to the table - and to add to the insult they automatically add 15% gratuity!
We also went for breakfast hoping the night before they'd have an off day - but no. Breakfast is a buffet with cooked food (limited selection) but no bread, bagels, muffins etc. We asked 3 times for coffee (even the manager) but had to leave our breakfast and go and find the coffee ourselves. We never got a second cup! The cost is $12 and once again 15% gratuity which they refuse to take off!
Go elsewhere is my advice

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed July 7, 2015

We found that nice selection of dishes on the menu. The salad bar was extensive with a wide variety of salad selection. However, the two different main course selections made by both my wife and I were a big disappointment. Poorly prepared and cooked meat (beef, way too salty) and over done vegetables. I would classify the cook as either very new or undertrained or both. The service was very attentive but the meal was very poor quality.

The price of the meals did not match the quality of the meal. We were very disappointed and would not return for another meal.

Date of visit: April 2015