“"Lousy service and mediocre food"”

Tubac Jack's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Tubac
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tubac Jack's, one of the oldest restaurants in Tubac, has an eclectic menu of BBQ, Mexican, and worldwide favorites such as steaks, salmon, salads, burgers, pulled pork and, of course, our world famous green chili stew. Jack's has a huge patio to enjoy those beautiful southern arizona days and evenings, as well as a full dining room and bar suited for any size party. We have Johnny Bencomo playing his 18 string guitar every Friday night from 6-9, and a rotating list of bands playing on our patio every Saturday night. Jack's offers catering for parties large and small, take out, and a huge selection of craft beer and cocktails.
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Lousy service and mediocre food"”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

If you are looking for a nice meal with good service be sure to take this place OFF your list. The server spent most of our meal having a great time at the hostess stand with a lot of other employees, so he spent very little time with his customers. Our appetizer and entrees all came out together. I never got the beer I ordered. The $9 Southwest Salad was missing any sign of corn in it, but instead the undersized tortilla bowl was overloaded with huge chunks of lettuce. Of course, we were unable to tell our server about this as he was too busy to check on us. Their famous Green Chili Stew was the best part of the meal, and wasn't anything special. This was our first and last vist to Tubac Jacks.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank biotouchbonnie

Grand Rapids MI
“Good place for a beer and burger”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This casual restuarant in Tubac offered a cold beer and good burger. My husband enjoyed his flatbread pizza. The interior is not perfect but we didn't expect a classy place. There is out door seating as well. Service was friendly.

1 Thank jcisler
Romeo, Michigan
“Good food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great waitress lots of food for a reasonable price ,nice sunny day to sit out side and enjoy the day

1 Thank Glenn M
Sun Lakes, Arizona
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

There were four of us and all enjoyed a great dinner. Good slection of drinks and we tried those too! The waiter made the night complete. I asked if the onion rings were as good as they looked and he brough me 2 to sample. EXCELLENT!!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ray and Bonnie P
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Very Average”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I were very excited about going down to Tubac Jack's to visit with family from out of town. We heard they had Karoke on Friday night's. When we arrived that was not the case, at least on this Friday night. We found that the food was average. I had ordered a White Russian and it was not even drinkable. I set the drink back three times. After the third time, I gave up and tried a different drink. When I received the bill, I asked the Manager, who was also the Bartender, if he could remove the drink from the bill and he refused. The waitress did a good job, but I left pretty unhappy. I would say this place is overpriced, for very average food and service.