“Always a great place to visit and shop”

La Entrada de Tubac
Ranked #5 of 22 Shopping in Tubac
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Tubac, Arizona is a terrific destination. We get down there several times each winter.
The shops are well stocked, the owners and sales staffs are knowledgable and friendly. There is a lot of variety. Don't forget to head south a few miles to Wisdoms cafe.
A real Gem.

4  Thank DJB406

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I visited Tubac for my second visit and found it even better then the first. It was mid february so it was a bit chilly to start but warmed up nicely. The number of shops has grown and there are still some real gems. I loved the "cooking store" and the Old Pueblo Traders. I would suggest getting a map. Also, make sure to wear good walking shoes. The streets are not paved and the sidewalks can be bumpy. If you want that bright colored painted lizards and such, there is a shop on the outskirts that is the best, although alot of them have it. Native jewelry is everywhere and reasonably priced. Alot of local artisans' crafts and talents are for sale as well. I would suggest eating at Shelby's bistro. GREAT food and very Mediterranean in style. Not super low priced, but a great place to rest your tired feet.

If you plan to buy alot, I'd suggest parking your car more central and then taking bags back to your car.

Tubac is a great little day trip (maybe hour from Tucson) and well worth the time if you like to wander from shop to shop. Go see it!

3  Thank GardenDee
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Tubac is an adorable little artist town. The store owners are friendly and the variety of merchandise is great. We loved the cigar shop called "Grumpy". It was the hilight of our afternoon.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I am not a shopper, but we did check out a few of the stores. All very colorful, but a bit pricey. After that we did check out a few of the galleries, then walked around a bit away from the hustle and bustle. The historic Tubac and the back streets were nice to walk. The husband drop off centre made us laugh. The cemetery is different, with lots of plastic flowers and balloons, and no uniformity. Then we went back and sat down to listen to Becky Reyes singing and playing the guitar. All in all a very enjoyable afternoon.

1  Thank Campfiver
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The shops have some beautiful artwork and I loved some of the jewelry and pieces, but I was disappointed that everything was so expensive. Great for window shopping.