“Great art colony!”

386 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 202 helpful votes
“Great art colony!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

Great mix of shops to explore for a couple of hours any day of the week. Great photo opportunities, too. Have good walking shoes. The only negative is there is not alot of food choices; there is a deli within the colony, the fantastic italian restaurant along the frontage road and the golf resort adjacent.

if you enjoy viewing and purchasing beautiful pottery, this is the place.

Stockholm, Stockholms Lan, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Do not miss this adorable shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

I found this wonderful little shop where you can buy great natural products to care for your body and mind. I have tried the goat milk soap and body lotion, the lavender powder and eucalyptus cream. They all work wonders and smell fantastic! The owner is super friendly and even if I haven't tried it, she also often has Soup and some lunch foods.

I found her on Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yard-Woman/215499311819042

Denver. CO
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Tubac is fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

A fun side trip from Tucson is the artsy town of Tubac. It's fun to wander the interesting galleries. I always include lunch in Tumacacori, just a couple of minutes south, at Wisdom's. It's a funky place with good Mexican food and they serve the delicious Santa Clara hot sauce from the spice factory/story south of there. Check out all of these places.

Visited December 2010
iowa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I was somewhat dissappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

After reading the glowing reviews on here we made the trip from Tuscon today.I have traveled for several years but thought I would never see a place as quirky,eccentric and snobby as Jackson Hole or Vail Colorado.Don't get me wrong this type of thing goes over well with some people. I was not surprised at the men with pony tails standing around discussing the enviroment and such. The young ladies were out in their knee high leather boots with their large dogs walking with them.A lot of the stuff for sale was just like we have seen across the border at several places.Thats wrong, they weren't the same, these were marked up about 600%.The big draw seems to be the artists but I saw none working and to be honest ,nothing that I saw really jumped out as outstanding.Taking old car fenders and welding them together and watching them rust does not sound like art to me. The Food market was nice ,very pricey,not the best selection but they had a lot of Wine.Is it worth the time, Yes, are you going to discover a out of the way organic artist community to tell everyone at home about,I don't think so.

3 Thank joecool2
Columbus, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A wonderful day to drink in culture and crafts"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

I loved visiting Tubac on our recent vacation to Tucson. I wanted a day of authentic crafts for shopping and a nice meal and found it in this wonderful town that has resurrected several times in history to live again. There is the historical excavation and museum you can enjoy or you can just walk around town and enjoy the craft stores and shops. There is even a "daddy daycare" where the men can rest in a rocker with a cigar and mist to keep them cool as the women shop till they drop! I confess I was hesitant to go over into Nogales MX, so Tubac had the experience I was looking for and the people were so wonderful> I can't wait to go back next year. I kept business cards so I can order Christmas presents. If you have a minute make sure you get your fresh roasted coffee from the Java Jive shop. I can't forget the golf course- if you really get tired of shopping!

Visited October 2011