“The best food south of Tucson.”
Review of Melio's Trattoria

Melio's Trattoria
Ranked #12 of 19 Restaurants in Tubac
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Green Valley, AZ
“The best food south of Tucson.”
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I've been to Milio's a number of times over the past few years and went there again last Saturday night. The food is exceptional as always. I've never had a problem with the service so was surprised at some of the reviews. Back to the food. Their arugula based salads are perfection. The lunch pizza are straight from Rome. The Tiramisu was to die for. I've eaten all over the world including Italy and consider myself a foodie. Milio's is in my top 10. Have eaten there with folks from Rome and they were also surprised at the quality of the food.

boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's not to like.”
Reviewed August 21, 2008

I have traveled all of my life, with several trips to Italy under my belt I am on the constant lookout for authentic Italian food.

So I was so delighted that I found Melios. I am surprised to read some of the negative things that people have stated, I am not yet at the retirement age so perhaps I am more forgiving.

What I found was the real deal at Melios, the food could not have been any better, the wait staff was pleasant and the view of Elephant Head was unreal, My only complaint is that I live 2000 miles away.

1 Thank keltonbad
Tucson
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Melio's food is excellent”
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Melio's food is excellent, especially considering its rural location. The food is authentic Italian and made with care. The view of the Santa Ritas is very impressive.

The wait staff can be overwhelmed at times. The grounds could use some TLC.

1 Thank Tucson1
New Jersey
“My two experiences at Melio's”
Reviewed January 17, 2008

I was surprised to read some of the negative experiences... as my two visits were just the opposite. My first vist, where I went by myself.. I came in without a reservation (Highly recommended) but I was allowed to eat at the bar and the meal was great. Impressed... the next visit (w/ reservation) my wife joined me. We were both pleased.
From NJ.... I was happy to find this Italian restaurants in Tubac
D.

2 Thank Daddio54
Tubac, AZ
“Terrible Attitude Overshadows Mediocre Food”
Reviewed January 7, 2008

We live in Tubac and have experienced the indifferent to insulting attitudes displayed at Melio's three different times. The first time we ate there for lunch the food was pretty good, the service average so we returned with friends for dinner. They mixed up orders and then insulted our dinner table acting as though their mix up was OUR fault. The third (and last) time it was more of the same insulting behavior by both the owner and the wait staff. Who needs it when there are other places to eat in Tubac (Golf Resort) where they have not only wonderful food but exceptionally polite and attentive staff?
Give this place a pass and do yourself a favor.

5 Thank tubacgal