“The best Italian Food, best Hostess and best Chef anywhere!”
Review of Melio's Trattoria

Melio's Trattoria
Ranked #12 of 19 Restaurants in Tubac
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Tucson
“The best Italian Food, best Hostess and best Chef anywhere!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've eaten with guests at Melios five times or so. Each time has been excellent from the time we stepped in the door until the time we stepped out....service, food, desserts, atmosphere. I have eaten Italian food in many places in the US and around the world. Melios ranks right at the top.

It is authentic Italian food cooked from scratched by a chef and hostess who ran a restaurant in Rome for many years. The desserts are made fresh in the restaurant and they are superb.
What could be better!! Get to know the propietors, act Italian, talk, laugh, have fun.......and the best authentic Italian food in a four state area at least, for sure.

Dr. Gary Schwendiman, Tucson Arizona 520 247 0858

• Visited March 2013

Rio Rico, Arizona
“Not that great!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been here two times now and first came here by word of mouth. The first time I had a veal dish and it was excellent! But, my mother in law had it the second time we went there, she disliked it. My husband and I tried a pasta dish and a pizza, both were bland and not worth ordering again. We also tried the homemade ice cream, another disappointment. On to service, the 1st time service was ok, but the second time it was horrible! We were in a party of 8, we had to constantly ask for refills on drinks and apparently they are stingy serving bread, and not on the friendly side. The prices are on the high side. More than likely, won't be back.

1 Thank misakotravel
Tucson, Arizona
“Dinner”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

What started out as a friendly place ended up not so good. Server about ignored us and we had to constantly ask for more water, drinks and bread. Sometimes more than once before we got it. The table on both sides of us must have been regulars because the server was always waiting on their every need and acted like we weren't there. Food was just so-so. It is all homemade including the noodles, but didn't have much taste. None of the dinners included salad and my eggplant parmesan didn't have noodles with it. The owner of the restaurant actually started to help us somewhat. I wouldn't go back.

1 Thank mags4me
Tucson, Arizona
“A rare gem on a Frontage Road to Tubac”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I had a delightful and delicious lunch at Melio's today. It has wonderful tasty dishes I had never eaten eggplant parmesan before. That was one of the specials of the day. I went for it.Results----magnifico!!! Delicately prepared with a wonderful tomato sauce.

The chef is the owner. The baker is his wife Melinda. We shared a wonderful lemon cake for dessert. It was a sheer delight-----light and flavorful

The view from the large expansive window shows the Santa Rita Mountains in all its glory. The interior includes an eclectic collection of Art. , which was a joy to see. Melinda was kind enough to share some of her life with us and to explain the origins of some of the art pieces.

All in all---- Can't wait to return for another culinary treat and chat.

Beaver Dam
“Great Food and a wonderful view”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went to Melio's last Friday evening and had another great meal.. We knew the Tubac Festival was going on so made our reservation a little earlier.. The food was excellent.. I had chicken marsala and the birthday girl had their lasanga.. Both meals were delicious as usual and the service was excellent.. If you want a very nice lunch or dinner with some great views of the Santa Rita's this little Italian restaurant rocks...