“A rare gem on a Frontage Road to Tubac”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Melio's Trattoria

Melio's Trattoria
Ranked #12 of 19 Restaurants in Tubac
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Tucson, Arizona
“A rare gem on a Frontage Road to Tubac”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I had a delightful and delicious lunch at Melio's today. It has wonderful tasty dishes I had never eaten eggplant parmesan before. That was one of the specials of the day. I went for it.Results----magnifico!!! Delicately prepared with a wonderful tomato sauce.

The chef is the owner. The baker is his wife Melinda. We shared a wonderful lemon cake for dessert. It was a sheer delight-----light and flavorful

The view from the large expansive window shows the Santa Rita Mountains in all its glory. The interior includes an eclectic collection of Art. , which was a joy to see. Melinda was kind enough to share some of her life with us and to explain the origins of some of the art pieces.

All in all---- Can't wait to return for another culinary treat and chat.

Beaver Dam
“Great Food and a wonderful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went to Melio's last Friday evening and had another great meal.. We knew the Tubac Festival was going on so made our reservation a little earlier.. The food was excellent.. I had chicken marsala and the birthday girl had their lasanga.. Both meals were delicious as usual and the service was excellent.. If you want a very nice lunch or dinner with some great views of the Santa Rita's this little Italian restaurant rocks...

Cary, North Carolina
“What a great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

A group of us are on a business trip, and planned to drive to Tucson to eat, but the receptionist at the hotel (Wyndham Canoa Ranch in Green Valley) suggested Melio's
We ate early and so were able to enjoy the view of the Santa Rita mountains, and enjoy a carafe of their house wine which was very acceptable both in taste and price. Everyone enjoyed their food and generally agreed that this was a great "find"
It is located on the access road behind a gas station, which should not put you off.
The menu is not extensive but I would rather they focus on what they are good at than try to do everything.
We shared a pasta dish and the pasta was (as you would hope) al dente and delicious.
Valentines Day is coming up and guess where I am taking my lovely wife!!

Tucson, Arizona
“Great viewd of the Santa Rita mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This little Italian treasure is run by a delightful couple and has become a family favorite. Our son proposed in front of the outdoor fireplace! Coming here is always like walking into a favorite neighbors dining room. Don't let the location on the frontage road behind a gas station fool you--the views of the Santa Rita's are wonderful!
The thin crust pizza is delicious and daily specials always worth considering. We love the salad with shrimp. And we always save room for dessert--tiramisu or homemade sorbet! See if they have any limoncello left!

Mass
“About a Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have a serious problem with a review that was written in July 2012 about a visit to melios in May of 2012 the reservation that was for 14 people ended up being 18 people which we were very happy to take after this group sat down I noticed they all had dinners club cards and when I went over the rules with them that only 2 dinners club cards could be used at a table people started arguing with me I showed them on the card were it said that then I was told that I should just do it any ways . I told them I would be right back I needed to go and talk to my boss about this problem before I could even finish telling my boss the situation they got up and walked out the door when asked why they were leaving by other people they said nothing. several other customers told me not to let it get to me that after I left there table they were just complaining about what I had told them. the sad part of this is we . had to turn people away because we were so full. the funny part is some of these people came back as 4 people to a table and used there dinnes club card and appoligized for that night and told us they had a great dinner and would be back.

• Visited December 2012