“Fantastic Food especially for the price!!”
Review of Maria's Grill - CLOSED

Maria's Grill
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rio Rico, Arizona
“Fantastic Food especially for the price!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We moved to Tubac last December and have had a chance to eat at many of the local restaurants from Green Valley down to Nogales and in between. Maria's is one of our very favorites. Maria Jo's food is really good-good-good. Made with LOVE. The burgers are 1/2 pound and not expensive. Her chicken salad sandwich? SO GOOD! Also, when you order the chopped chicken salad or any dish with chicken breast it's moist and perfectly cooked. Not dry. So, this morning we went for breakfast for the very first time and it was excellent! Breakfast was a "Summer Special" ONLY $5.95! This was for 2 slices french toast, 2 slices good bacon, 2 eggs, small portion of homemade homefries. Plus, mixed fruit garnish. We left VERY happy!! Now it's not just our go-to lunch place, but also our new go-to weekend breakfast place. They are only open for brkfst on weekends.... This place is terrific!!

• Visited July 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Terrible service, mixed food review”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I came here to eat as our choices seemed very limited for breakfast in Tubac. We were greeted and told to sit wherever we liked. We ordered our drinks and decided on what to eat. When our food arrived, there was no silverware on the table. The waitress left and soon came back to refill my husband's water without asking if there was anything else we needed. So we took silverware from the next table over. My "Banana Bomb" (French toast with PB and bananas) was good. However, my husband's "Just a Sandwich" had burnt bacon that did not smell very good. The eggs on the sandwich were over hard with a brown crust showing it had been significantly over cooked. Needless to say, I ended up splitting my plate with my husband after he pushed the sandwich away to the edge of the table. The waitress did not notice this, nor did she return for approximately 15 minutes, while visibly gabbing with another waitress at the greeting station near the door. At this point, we were the only guests in the restaurant, and still the service was severely lacking. No compensation was offered, but at least they did not charge us for the sandwich. When we left our table, the waitresses were chatting again, sitting near the door and neither rose to assist us with the door. Our arms were full, my husband's with our child and mine with the stroller and diaper bag. While obviously not required, it would have been nice for someone to offer to hold the door for us. As a side note, the floors were visibly dirty. We would definitely not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited July 2013
New Jersey
“good food service just ok”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had a late lunch. Restaurant was pretty empty yet the service was slow. Waitress not thrilled we wanted a table that had not been cleared yet. The food however was good so we would definately try this place again

• Visited May 2013
Anchorage ak
“Everything was great”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had the seafood enchiladas. They were rich and wonderful. I large serving! Even the black beans were flavorfull. My husband had the crispy rellenos and enjoyed them too. Service was good and friendly.

• Visited May 2013
San Diego
“Good food w/ inconsistent service”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This place was recommended by an employee at the Tubac Golf Resort where my wife and I were staying. We had a nice lunch w/ reasonable prices and a great mango margarita at "Happy Hour" prices. Our server was excellent on this occasion. We returned two days later for "Happy Hour" and had a nice Nachos dish but our server (different from our first meal) incorrectly priced our Blue Moon beer as an imported beer because she haughtily said it was a Belgium beer. If she knew what she was serving she would have known that it was domestic and at a lower price. We ordered the same beer two days earlier as a "domestic" beer." If you go here, we hope you don't get her as a server.

Visited May 2013