“Unexpected surprise, delicious lunch.”
Review of Maria's Grill - CLOSED

Maria's Grill
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I was working in Green Valley Az, and wanted to take a drive. I ended up in Tubac . What a surprising find. The menu did not offer many combination plates , but rather two and three of the same same. I wanted to try the crispy relleno , but menu listed plate with two. I wanted one relleno ands taco. The waitress said it was no problem to make a combination plate for me. Wow ! Everything was fresh and delicious! The relleno was a standard relleno but it was wrapped in a corn tortilla , deep fried and topped with green chili!' Amazing new twist on the classic! The taco was also just as delicious. I asked for a shredded beef taco. I was expecting the old standard beef, and was again pleasantly surprised by the slow cooked seasoned beef top with cheese fresh greens and ripe tomatoes! Probably the best Mexican creations I have ever had and I am from Southern California were I have been to MANY differ Mexican restaurants over the past 40 years! The service was average, but friendly.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time to Maria's, the first was a couple of years ago and we couldn't remember what we had or what we liked, so we thought we would try again. The service was bad and slow, they only had two waitresses working and it was almost full. I had the chicken pot pie, it is enough for two people, I liked it, my husband loved it. He ate my meal since he ordered chicken strips and they were not very good. They were also out of items that day. We will return and try some other items on the menu and hope service improves.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was there yesterday (2/22/13) with my Mom for lunch, & found a rubber band in my salsa. I called the waitress over, & she told me it was off the vegetables not out of someone's hair. Like that is suppose to make everything better! Really! There was no offer to comp the meal or even give half off, I was offered more salsa. I did NOT finish my meal. ABSOLUTELY, NO WAY TO CONDUCT BUSINESS!
On top of that, I sat for 20 min. before I could get my water refilled. When I asked another server to speak with the person in charge, I was told, they weren't there. Of course, lol! Needless to say, I didn't leave a tip.
My Mom and I will not be returning.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

After a busy work day a girlfriend and I met at Maria's for dinner. The restaurant was very inviting with soft lighting, but still able to read the menu. Our waitress, Mandy, was very nice and able to answer our questions and she was fun. Mandy was very prompt with our drinks and food and checked on us just the right amount. .I had fish tacos and was very pleased with the appearance and taste. My friend had one of the evening specials, shrimp scampi. It looked and smelled wonderful - - -and according to her it was very good. I highly recommend Maria's - they have a good menu, friendly staff and a nice, quiet atmosphere. A perfect place to go and enjoy a good meal and conversation without lots of background noise.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went to Maria's based on Trip Advisor reviews. We should have been suspicious with a menu that included Mexican, Italian and seafood. They were out of a couple of entrees because the food truck had not arrived from Tucson so we disappointing to begin with. We did get house made chips, salsa and guacamole which were all very good. I ordered a chimichanga which was served with rice pilaf instead of Spanish rice that had been overcooked and had kernels that were hard and dry.My wife opted for the Chicken and pasta that was only average and the server forgot the salad. When we got the bill, we discovered that we had been charged $8 for a small cup of guacamole!

We recommend you skip dinner and go for happy hour.