“Best of the Grills in Tubac proper”
Review of Maria's Grill - CLOSED

Maria's Grill
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Green Valley AZ
“Best of the Grills in Tubac proper”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My wife and i went theer today for our first time (3-21-2012). We found the service excellant Mike the server could not be more efficient. The place was clean the sandwiches we had were excellant and the chocalate treat Mike gave us refreshing .
We will definitely go again for a meal when down that way. Wish we knew of them sooner.

• Visited March 2012

Green Valley, Arizona
“I was expecting more from this Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

1st visit on Valentines day...many friends recommended it, so...on entering, we were greeted warmly and immediately seated....there may have been 4 other diners present...
Service was friendly and attentive, but the food was marginal at best...My wife had the soft
tacos which were bland....rice and refried beans were good...no salsa was offered and we
didn't ask for any...i had a blue agave tortilla with "seasoned" beef, which lacked seasoning..
+ blackbeans which were seasoned just right...Total bill + tip came to $30...I probably
will not go back here...there are better Mexican restaurants in the area...

• Visited February 2012
Maricopa, Arizona
“OK But Timing Was Off”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My wife and I dined here on January 30, 2012 for dinner. the Restaurant only had a few others there when we arrived. We ordered Dereck Nachos and dinner. When we were half way done with the Nachos, our main course arrived. As to the Nachos, the serving was just plain big and we were done anyway but the timing for the arrival of our main course was off. My wife had the Chilli Rellano/Taco while I had the pork burrito–both were good. If you are ordering soda or ‘pop', request less ice as it's filled with ice and little drink.

• Visited January 2012
Florence, Italy
“Chile Rellenos - Best In Arizona!”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Okay, if you are a chile relleno fan.. and who isn't? You must try their crispy chile rellenos! the flavor of the chiles is OUTSTANDING!

If you are in to more American fare, the chicken pot pie is a mouthful.. literally. I have heard that you should not eat anything larger than your head.. and if that is true, pass on the pot pie. It is HUGE!!!

The food is good. the service is outstanding.. and the ambiance is pleasant. What more can you ask for? In Tubac.. nothing!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank bisbohemian
Green Valley, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Mexican seafood dish Ever!”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I have been going to Maria's since she opened. A a former NeW Yorker and extensive traveling connoisseur of food, I must say for the price and quality, Maria's is the Best! The Jaliscos enchiladas, and the Rajas, are unbelievably wonderful to my taste buds! I never thought I would put seafood and Mexican in the same sentence, but when you combine shrimp, scallops, and crab with a lobster cream sauce, you cannot go wrong!!

• Visited December 2011