“Verry good overall”

Stables Ranch Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stables Ranch Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Tubac
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Alabama
“Verry good overall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Excellent servie, all meals.
Good food at fair prices.
Heathly size servings.

Visited April 2012

Arizona
“Not the same as in previous visits”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

When in Tubac, the Stables was always our favorite restaurant for lunch or dinner, and sometimes both. But our experience this time was not memorable. The hostess was speaking with another employee when we entered and continued her conversation while we waited to be greeted. After being seated at a table, we promptly received water and it was 10 minutes before our waiter took our order. The Arizona field greens salad was swimming in dressing and was not edible. My husband and I shared a Reuben sandwich which was good. The restaurant did remove the salad from our bill without us even asking. I am hopeful that some time will be spent on better training the staff so the Stablea returns to the level of service and quality we have always enjoyed in the past.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank ArizonaSuziC
Kalispell, Montana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Incredible menu!! The views were beautiful. Very serene! The service was perfect.

Visited February 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“As expected considering the surroundings...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Staying in Green Valley for a few days so elegant dining choices are obviously limited. The 15 minute drive to the resort is an easy shot dwn the freeway. Our reservation was spot on, including the table we requested.
Wine selection is adequate, many value priced offerings which we are finding typical in Arizona. Our table for four was a little close to the others, but they are trying to maximize the view of the golf course and mountains, but being bumped by the server constantly became a bit annoying.
I ordered the frisée, baby beet salad. Although it tasted ok, the presentation was a bit of a hot mess, all chopped and piled. I was expecting whole baby beets, halved figs and more of the aged cheese as advertised. The Spanish torta was a complete miss, a heap of zucchini topped with a layer of ricotta, under seasoned and uninspired.
My husband had the pork schnitzel and really enjoyed it. Jorge our server was a delight and the highlight for me.
I could do without the smokey smell in the dining room, assume they have a wood oven somewhere which I'm certain imparts food with intended flavored, but it just gave me a headache.

Tucson
“How to pick the best thing on the menu?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Their special eggs benedict with crab cakes is delicious, but I liked everything I ate there (I never left the golf resort to eat anywhere else for 3 days!)

Visited December 2011

Been to Stables Ranch Grill? Share your experiences!