“Superior!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We live in town and have frequented the Italian Peasant many times since it opened almost 2 years ago. The service, quality of food and price make this a "no brainer" when it comes to finding a good restaurant, and an Italian one at that, in southern Arizona! Try their eggplant parmesan . . . it's the BEST!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I called in a to go order. Everyone was helpful and the meal was ready when we arrived! The food was delicious and they had jalapeños! Delicious caprese salad! If I come back to Tubac I will visit again!

1  Thank Motas22
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went back to the place I had and issue with ownership in October of 2010... New owners are doing a geat job, new look, great menu and wonderful service. 180 degree turn around from old ownership. These guys/girls really care... Do not miss if in Tubac, AZ...

1  Thank jcorsiglia
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We love the fact that we can get pizza by the slice here...something you can't do anywhere else south of Tucson. Our family of four can never agree on toppings and this way we don't have to. It's our favorite Sunday lunch. Friendly, warm service, great atmosphere, delicious food, loads of different toppings, an expanded menu with many delicious offerings (you better be HUNGRY if you order a hero, though!) and outstanding desserts make this a gem of a restaurant. I can only say that the poor reviews must have come in on exceptionally bad days. We've been there regularly for the past year and haven't had any experiences even faintly resembling those. Try it...you'll love it!

1  Thank Larry F
Reviewed August 12, 2011

When this restaurant opened the food and service was stunning, amazing, excellent, charming, skilled, classic. The food has changed some (portions are smaller) but the quality of the food still quite good. Often when I go in I have to say that staff doesn't even greet me, I am left standing there. If they were busy it's one thing, most often they are truly just standing there. Many servers do not appear to have ever waited tables before. Because I know and adore the food, owner and some of the staff, I am patient. Everypone has to learn somewhere! I truly believe there needs to be a group training on how to be hospitable. Aside from this the PIZZA is outstanding, the ingredients and prep are all fresh, the recipes from family of the owner. The atmosphere is family-hectic (like being at home in NY at dinnertime)and special events are delightful, fun and downright elegant. The bar is lovely, again, servers need to be trained in the wine offered or someone ought to be called on to critique for an inquiring customer. Overall this is a GREAT experience and I would recommend it, often the service is simply inconsistent. It's a new biz, give em some friendly feedback, don't be mean, this is a Shining Star in Tubac.

1  Thank RockHaulinDoll