Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Found this place while visiting Tubac on vacation. What a great experience, friendly and helpful service, we took our waiters advice and had the special. Great decision, best Mexican food I have had.

1  Thank Traveler319896
Write a reviewReviews (732)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ordered a chicken with mole sauce for $28 which came with a "scoop" of rice and scoop of refried beans. The sauce was good. The chicken breast was dry and stringy. The rice was oily and lacked flavor. I didn't eat the refried beans. My husband ordered the chile relleno which was tasty but not exceptional in any way. The decor, which so many find enchanting was quirky and tasteless. It was uncomfortably dark in most of the restaurant, but we got a table by the window so we could see our food. The music was annoying techno stuff - seemed popular in that area as many other establishments were playing the same. Our waitress was exceptional. Two stars for being an average restaurant with over average prices, so not good value

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

Three of us went for lunch on a weekday. It was 2:00pm and they were not crowded at all. The restaurant decor was enchanting. You must go just for that. The food and server were excellent. My wife and I had the grouper...delicious. don't miss this place...and the gift shop.

Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

Not your typical Mexican food. Be prepared to be wowed! The decor for Christmas was over the top but quite festive. I had a stuffed pork chop special and my spouse had a filet in verde sauce. Both were delicious. I typically get to eat her leftovers but in this case, there weren’t any! Most of the locals we met agreed this was one of the two best places for dinner in town. Enjoy!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 7, 2019

TERRIBLE service experience - we arrived to an empty restaurant at 4 pm on a Saturday, and were turned away without a reservation! We do not intend to return in the future, Habanero's is a better option in Tubac.

Date of visit: December 2019

Been to Elvira's? Share your experiences!