“Nice place. Great food. Chilly, efficient service.”
Review of Elvira's

Elvira's
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Tubac
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our visit to Elvira's. Christina in the bar got us off to a great start. We enjoyed our dinners very much but they are, for me, expensive. I will take the time next visit to become more familiar with the menu as the food is genuine Mexican fare and needs some explanation. The service is very good, if you factor out the friendly, welcoming experience, which is missing.

There are newer reviews for Elvira's

Reviewed September 2, 2013

When I go to Elvira's, I feel like I'm going out! I love the dramatic lighting and artistic atmosphere. Fun torch lights for the patio area. Drinks are creative with a nice list. Choice of 2 bars or table seating. I've always enjoyed everything I've ordered ...... tapas, mole's, fish, etc. This last time, due to slow summer I'm guessing, they were out of some things. Understandable, I guess. It's usually quite crowded and reservations are needed during "snowbird" season. The staff has always been friendly and helpful, though when crowded the service can be a bit slow. They have a very nice gift shop next door. You can purchase some of the glass baubles they hand from the ceiling. Overall, a delightful experience.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've been to Elviras Mexican food several times over the years and I always cringe when someone wants to eat there. It'd just not consistent. One time service is good next time not. Same for the food. As another reviewed mentioned if you complain about the food they become very snooty. The decor is perfect and you pay the price to see it. I hate paying top dollar and not getting my moneys worth.

1  Thank toeman
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Visiting Tubac, we stopped by Elvira's on the recommendation of a newspaper article, and were certainly not disappointed. With that said, in the past I have not particularly cared for Mexican cuisine, but this was the definite exception! The food and service were both simply wonderful:

Naturally, unable to sample everything on our first visit, what we had was delicious. The complementary chips and salsa were as authentic and tasty as any we've been privledged to enjoy accompanied by one House Margherita and a $0.50 shot of tequila. We started with the Chiles Toreados and continued with Chile Poblano and Shrimps Vallarta. Everything was exceptional and large portioned to the extent that they left no room for dessert.

Elvira's restaurant alone is worth the trip to Tubac, Arizona!

1  Thank Dalecorp
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After a number of tries getting into Elvira's, we finally were successful on a sleepy summer evening last night. The hazelnut mole and the sea bass special were both outstanding, the room very pleasant, the duo entertaining were awesome, and our waitress was very nice and helpful. A nice evening.

1  Thank aardvark55