“Terrific Tubac”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Took a break from the 106 degrees while shopping at the Tubac village shops and had a great lunch at Elvira's. Didn't expect the interior to be so nice. Service was a little abrupt - meaning the waitress was a little curt and not very welcoming but the food made up for it. Had the flank steak with refried beans and rice - no sauce please. Others at my table ordered the same dish but with the sauce and it was drenched taking away from the flavorful meat. Gift shop next door had some pretty amazing art - check it out. Price was above average but not expensive. I would go back and have the same dish.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been to Elvira's many times....Each time I am very disappointed. I do not like Cilantro & I tell them NO Cilantro, but I always get it in my food. Small size shrimp, portions are small, and are filled up with greens with No dressing. I have had better food..

1  Thank Lois N
Reviewed May 28, 2013

As I walked in to Elviras I was awed by the beautiful glass teardrops and the place settings. We were seated right away, received water and chips and that's where the service ended. We sat for over 10 minutes on a non busy afternoon while servers moved around us but we were not acknowledged or offered a drink, we got up and left. What a disappointment.
Also it is very pricey for mexican food.

2  Thank daisey923
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I had a great meal at Elvira's in Tubac. Pace of the meal was super. Moderately busy Saturday night. Best chile rellanos I have ever had. Great chipotle flavored sauce. Wife had the shrimp Vera Cruz and it was also outstanding. Both dishes were fresh and well presented. Mexican food is not a burrito surrounded by lettuce and orange looking cheese. This is worth the drive if you are at the Tucson airport or visiting green valley. Every bit as good as the best places in Tucson like Mi Nidito or el Charro grill

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nice decorations but the good experience ended there. Mole was bad- tough stringy chicken and very hot (did not say hot on the menu on my Mole Negro). Waitress ignored my complaints and charged full price Snooty people. Very unpleasant. Pseudo Mexican restaurant. Really bad.

3  Thank funfunfunPhoenix