“We Gave It One More Chance”
Review of Elvira's

Elvira's
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Tubac
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This restaurant really amazes me, not for the good food, but for the crowd that seems to love it. The menu is limited, the service is poor, and the price is high. We had eaten their one time before, so decided to try it again, and it still wasn't good.

I do not recommend this place.

2  Thank mikie12

Reviewed May 21, 2011

Great authentic food. Restaurant relocated north from Nogales Mex. Amazing atmosphere and 7 distinctly different Mole's. Not a bad item on the menu.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

We visited Tubac and shopped for awhile I was craving good Mexican food so we stopped at Elvira's for lunch. The minute you walk in you just need to stop and look around at how beautiful everything is. We we seated promptly by a very nice young lady. Our server was a young girl who was born and raised in Tubac and the nicest girl she even took some great photos of us in the restaurant. We were offered a Hola tequilla shot for .50 per person. Chips and salsa were soon on our table. I ordered the Green chicken enchiladas, rice & beans which were truly amazing. My husband ordered the Quesadillas Poblanas these were equally as amazing as the enchiladas. We were so full we skipped dessert. If you go to their website you can view their whole menu. I would highly recommend this restaurant great atmosphere, service, and food what more could you want.

1  Thank dyfennell
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Elvira's has been in business since 1927. They moved their restaurant from Nogales, Mexico to Tubac, AZ last year due to the violence and other problems at the border. It was a good move because they have retained their longtime clientele and now have new customers. I am a Tucson native and used to go to the one in Nogales for years. The food is not your ordinary frontera style. They specialize in moles (7 or 8 kinds). My favorite is the mole negro. The flavors are complex and delicious. I plan on going back again next week.

3  Thank Treborcollect
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I have always been treated very well at this restaurant. They do have a no reservation policy but I believe if you have six people or more you can make a reservation. The food is outstanding and I would drive 50 miles or more to have dinner here. I always bring my guests to this restaurant for a special dinner. Everyone I have every taken has been very impressed.