We stayed at Villa del Faro end of July 2013. We rented two rooms, including Casa Alberca and a near-by casita. Casa Alberca is a must if you can, as the exclusive use of the delightful pool is a fantastic treat - especially in summer ! Lovely patio area, great view on the Sea of Cortez and the beach. Very comfortable beds, very clean. Take note there is no AC, so make full use of all fans in full summer.
Our hosts were very welcoming and took great care of us.
The drive to the hotel is a dirt road but it is really no problem - just avoid driving at night.
Dinners were always good, but not so great value for money ($45 per person). Of course the place is off-the-grid and the nearest alternative is a good 15 minutes drive.
A great place to relax and enjoy life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Exquisitely off the grid" An elegant eco-hotel, Villa del Faro is a unique oasis nestled on a deserted beach. The Villa was created with the integrity of the surrounding desert in mind. We offer solitude instead of shops, safe swimming beaches, great books, gourmet food, snorkeling, surfing, and just pure beauty! One hour north of the Los Cabos Airport, but a world away in seclusion and serenity. Eight separate Casitas. Breakfast included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your Villa del Faro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Faro Hotel Los Frailes
- Villa Del Faro Mexico/Los Frailes