“Long Wait”
Review of Tuuvi Cafe - CLOSED

Tuuvi Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: next to the Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites(not sure about the address)
Reviewed August 11, 2014

If your in a rush or its your lunch hour i suggest you order ahead of time. this place is always packed everyday. When you do order it takes about a hour to get your food. Its worth the wait though...thats if your hungry.... lol

1  Thank latania t
There are newer reviews for Tuuvi Cafe

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were staying across the street at the Moenkopi and went looking for some dinner. There is a Denny's adjacent to the hotel, but it actually had a waiting line of 5-6 tables at 9:00 pm on a Saturday night. Unbelievable. Not willing to wait for Denny's we were going to just submit to McDonald's when we stumbled upon the Tuuvi Cafe in the Travel Center across the intersection. There's a convenience store, the cafe, and at that time, a bunch of locked up little kiosks. The menu is Southwest and Native. I had a simple hamburger steak and a cup of green chili stew. My partner had a burger, and we were good with that. Vegetables were obviously canned peas and carrots, that's not cool — but other than that, the food was good and the service excellent.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

It's adjoining a gas station so we weren't expecting much, but it turned out to be pretty good. I was burgered out on this leg of our Arizona odyssey, so I opted for the chef salad. Good choice. Wife had a burger on fry bread and she loved it. Our whole bill was $20. No atmosphere, but the server was very friendly. It was a nice meal.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We ate here on our stop in Tuba City. My son with Down Syndrome wanted chicken strips but was told they were out of them. The waitress could have offered an alternative of chicken nuggets ( hello...almost the same to a kid! ) but didn't and we saw those being made and served to other customers later. Two of us ordered the fry bread tacos and were very happy with our choice!! My son settled on a cheeseburger and my husband had the hot roast beef sandwich, which he said was ok. We had to wait over 30 minutes for our food and there was only 1 other group in the place! The furniture is plastic and the place is small, but if you want a great fry bread taco, this is the place!

1  Thank Califcruisingmama
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Was excited to try their Sunday stew but when it came out over an hour later, it was lukewarm. I was very disappointed that it tasted like water with lots of spicy spices but lack of salt. I've never had to add salt to soup or stew at the table before but had to today. I was also too hungry to have the waiter take the stew back to microwave it. I usually don't go to a restaurant with rating under a 4 star but not much to choose from in this town. KFC or Taco Bell would have been a better choice.