“Try the Navajo Taco”

Hogan Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Tuba City
Cuisines: Native American
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place is part of the Quality Inn next door, and it offers pretty basic fare at reasonable prices. There were a lot of Navajo natives eating there, which we thought was a good sign. The Navajo Taco was great, and you can even ask for any sandwich to be made with the Navajo fry-bread.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Breakfasts and dinners were good and reasonably priced. Restaurant adjacent to Quality Inn

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I visited here for lunch with my niece and nephew (16 and 13) after going to the Navajo museum and the trading post. The menu was pretty basic, and I have no real complaints. The buffet (Asian on the day we were there) looked like a lot of overcooked food. The salad bar was decent, if a little overpriced ($5 with a meal). The meals were decent portions and the food was fine, although nothing to really recommend. I had the Navajo Taco -- love that fry bread! -- which was tasty and quite filling. The burger was a decent size. Service could have been better -- we had to ask two different servers for silverware. Since it's such a small town, if you want to avoid fast-food this place is fine. However, don't expect a great meal.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is a restarant that deserves "the horiible", which is on the bad side of terrible in my vocabulary!

I ordered "Beef steak" and got something that looked like 3 waferthin hamburgers. I had not eaten all day so I got most of it down, but complained to the waiter and showed him the plate and the item; - "Steak Beef". "This is not a steak beef" I told him and he confirmed that it was in fact chicken. There is not an item on the meny that is equal to the price of beef. How he could confirm "steak beef" taking the order and visually confirm it to be "chicken" when I complained without being willing to do somethig about it, is beyond my comprehension? I have never for 65 years been treated this badly.

The next morning we went there again to have "the deluxe warm breakfast". This time I took a picture before eating the breakfast. There was one incinerated sausage, but the fried potato was quite good. The egg was perfect. But again, - not quite that one expects?

This is a place I would not go to again, not even with a free meal. There are two McDonalds in town. There you get the same fastfood every time and it also tastes much better. Fastfood at McDonalds has more flavour and it tastes just as it should.

It is not very delicate to display an almost eaten plate, for that I am sorry, - not for my harsh comments.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Food was very good. Service was a little slow, but we were not in a hurry.