Totally Hopi-owned and operated, the Moenkopi Hotel is a little spot of paradise in the midst of the Painted Desert. For the good room prices, easy access to the Grand Canyon and as a great meeting place of nations, the Moenkopi is a great bargain, comfortable and fun. The complimentary breakfast was filling with lots of variety. The best part was sitting next to a family from another country; a good way to make new friends or hear a polyglot of languages.
The salt-water swimming pool is the best. The Hopi employees are wonderful people; gentle, courteous, respectful and very nice to talk to. We met a new employee, a young woman who had lived on the "Second Mesa" most of her life. Working at the hotel was her first time seeing so many people from so many different nations and it was a great learning experience for her. We felt the same way, and the human connection we made was wonderful. By staying at this hotel, you not only get an inexpensive, clean and comfortable room, you get a cultural experience of the Painted Desert and you can support the Hopi directly. They opted for a hotel, not a casino, and you have to give them credit for a wise decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites, the first hotel to be built on Hopi tribal land in 50 years, was the inspiration of the Elders of the Upper Village of Moenkopi. It was their vision that their Village should be a place of welcome and gathering for visitors to the land of the Hopi. Situated in the Upper Village of Moenkopi across the street from Tuba City, the Legacy Inn is at the Western Gateway to Hopiland and the Hopi mesas. It is also the beginning of the Hopi Arts Trail that connects visitors with artists and galleries on all three Hopi mesas.Hotel amenities include an outdoor pool, Jacuzzi tub, fitness center, courtyard, business center, gift shop, and evening Hopi cultural programs. The Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites is the perfect venue to host your business meeting or event. Offering 3,096 square feet of meeting space and three break away conference rooms, we can ensure that your event is a successful one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moenkopi Legacy Hotel Tuba City
- Moenkopi Legacy Inn And Suites