“Good food, good bar”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I visited this pub three times during my stay and had a great time every night. They make very flavorful and tasty Bloody Mary's and the beer and food is reasonably priced. I had the burger and it was great, plus it came with a free beer because it was Monday. I didn't get to try the Sunday pot roast but I can tell you that it was a lot of food. However what I loved about this pub the most was the free pool table upstairs. There is also a movie night which I went to, I think it's on Mondays, where they played a pretty good movie. The place reminded me of a bar from home, I would go back.

There are newer reviews for The Alegre Pub

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Where the action is. Friendly bartenders, locals and tourists having fun. Check out the pub quiz with quiz master Ben on Sunday nights.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

After waiting for over 30min for just two hamburgers - we were the only clients - they brought us the worst burgers ever! Do NOT eat a burger there!! Just don't....

Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you are missing food from back home just head to Alegre- with Sunday roasts and proper fry ups with baked beans, it's a taste of Britain in Guatemala. Fun yet hard quizzes every Sunday and a really great mix of expats and travllers, fab hangout!

Alegre2002, Owner at The Alegre Pub, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to write a nice review of our business it really pleases us that you enjoyed your time here and can recomend us to others. Hopefully you will return to San Pedro and we would be happy to serve you again

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I initially went in to ask about the posters advertising a poker game every day at 5pm, to be told that it doesn't happen every day and that there might be a game the following day at 5. Therefore I returned the following day to be told that there won't be a game that day as there was a pub quiz on (surely they knew that the previous day?!?!). I was then tempted by the offer of a Roast Dinner which on the menu stated, roast chicken or beef (the barman pointed out that only chicken is available - fair enough), roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and sage and onion stuffing. Being and Englishman who has been traveling for several months, it was the Yorkshire and the stuffing that got me excited so I put my name down and promised to return.
When I went back, I asked for extra stuffing only to be told by the bargirl that they don't do stuffing any more and, oops, that should be taken off the menus (she seemed to indicate that I wasn't the only person who'd been disappointed by this). To top it nicely, when the meal came out, the chicken was a small fillet (maybe oven cooked but hardly what you'd expect when the menu says Roast chicken) and the Yorkshire was like dense bread and inedible.
Whilst I appreciate Yorkshire pudding can be difficult to get right, don't try and serve it if you have no clue how to make it!!!
When the bargirl came over to ask how my meal was, I mentioned the awful results and she seemed a little put out - although did arrange something like a 20% discount from the price of the meal.
Overall, after getting my hopes up, I was very disappointed.
They definitely over-promised and under-delivered.