“Sunday BBQ”

Add it.
La Piscina San Pedro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

What a feed, great choice of meats and hamburgers cooked just right. The sides you get with the meat need there own plate. For about $10 you get two plates of food, we shared one between two people and it was enough.
Bar staff were ok, and the vibe is mixed as nearly all travelling carnivores will end up there on Sunday at some stage.
The pool is big and was clean when we were there.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We go to la piscina almost every sunday because we live here. It is awesome the bbq that Nestor does is one of the best ever in the world no kidding, this guy knows what hes doing. The portions are freakin enormous, trust me when i say you WILL be missing out if you dont go when you are here. Danielle the owner is such a funny guy and is very friendly. We love their sandwiches and omg the poutine mmmmmmmmm. Check it out and you wont be dissapointed! :)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The quality of everything is superb - a main course with a choice of 3 sides for between $5-$8. Similar food in the States would be double to triple the price! The bar-b-que chef also provides a similar feast in Panajachel on Saturdays.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Just arriving in San Pedro we asked the bartender at our hostel where to go eat. She immediately we recommended we head to "the BBQ" because it was Sunday. We were starving, having woken up early to catch a bus from Antigua to San Pedro, so the prospect of a huge BBQ sounded appealing.

We immediately began looking for the barbecue. Ask anyone on a Sunday where the barbecue is and they will point you in the direction of La Piscina. Everyone knows about it and we ran into multiple people who were also en route. It is outside of what I would consider the centre of San Pedro, but worth the 5 minute walk.

We arrived and were immediately greeted by friendly staff and a large chalkboard with all of your options. It may be difficult for you to make up your mind, all of the options sound amazing. Meat options include beef tenderloin, smoked chicken, rack of ribs (1lb and 2lb), surf and turf, meat combo, pork tenderloin, tuna, pulled pork and several specials (chicken, beef, etc) which I assume change by the Sunday. There are also burgers. All mains come with 3 mains and choice of garlic bread or corn bread. Burgers come with 2 sides. There is also a vegetarian option of just getting 4 sides (no meat). Prices vary from Q40 (for chicken) to Q100 (for the meat combos and surf/turf). Sides include potato salad, baked potato, macaroni salad, marinated vegetable salad, coleslaw, and Mexican bean salad.

Our group opted for one smoke chicken leg, one chicken "margarita" (the special - marinated in tequila and spices), and the beef tenderloin. All were absolutely fantastic (we obviously let each other sample). All sides were also quite good. The only complaint would be the corn bread is quite dry and the garlic bread was a glorified grilled hotdog bun, but we were so full by the end of the main meal that that was a very small issue.

There are at least 6 types of homemade BBQ sauces available, a wide variety of hot sauces, and many unusual toppings for hamburgers - should you choose to pursue that option.

The grill master (I forget his name ...unfortunately) is from Florida and will personally thank you for coming down. What a great place. So happy that was our first meal in San Pedro!

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I had read so many great things about this BBQ all over the lake that I needed to see this myself, I was impressed with the BBQ and it's condiments. With that said what I can't emphasize enough was the filthy glass my Bloody Mary came in, including chipped and smeared with what appeared to be candle wax? The drink was gross so I left it untouched and ordered a beer, that was warm. I feel it was far too packed to indeed receive good service. This place is located far too close to the lake and appears that lake water could be entering the swimming pool and if that is true it would be closed in any other country with environmental law.

3  Thank Miriamloves