“Professional but too expensive”

Tornado's Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: Tornado´s Excursions offers you the opportunity to explore the most beautiful lake in the world where you will have an unforgettable experience.Around Lake Atitlan you can enjoy various activities such as hiking, volcano tour, horseback riding, mountain biking, tours to the villages around the lake, coffee tours, bird watching, kayaking and many more activities.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This agency was professional and well-organized. Domingo waited for another hiker and me by the Panajachel dock in San Pedro and we had no problem eventually making our way up Volcan San Pedro. Although our guide, Nicolas, led the group a bit too quickly (we reached the summit in 2 hours whereas the average climb time is 3), the view from the summit was worth the physical exertion.

What I would do next time, though, is get a local guide (who would take care of the entrance fee as well) for about Q100, take a taxi with him, and then hike that way, instead of paying Q175 to Tornado's Excursions for essentially the same deal.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We spent the day touring the towns on Lake Atitlan with Domingo-and had a wonderful day! We went at our own pace, and he was more than willng to change plans to accomodate our interests. He is so knowledgeable and interesting-we had a wonderful day! We would highly recommend Tornado's to anyone-they are a great family run company, and it shows!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My brother-in-law and I set out to hike Volcan de San Pedro and fortuitously came across Tornado's Excursions. The son of the owner took us up the volcano at a quick pace and we shared great insights into the area. I highly recommend this company for any service they offer. I was impressed by their professionalism and helpfulness.

1  Thank digarcia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We hiked Volcan San Pedro and our guide Juan was great! He was fun to hike with and he explained the plant life and the Mayan culture. He also gave us very helpful information about San Pedro and arranged transporation for us to Antigua. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I booked our San Pedro volcano hike through Tornado's as well as our transportation from Lake Atitlan to Antigua. We were extremely pleased with our guide Juan on the hike. This is a family run operation and they take pride in their company and are amazing with us gringos. We highly recommend them for any tours you are interested in as you are in very good hands with them.